1994 Mazda MX-5 Miata Consumer Review: ...and the Mazda goes, "Hmmm."

1994 Mazda MX-5 Miata - Consumer Review

Base Convertible (1.8L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

...and the Mazda goes, "Hmmm."
By Rusty on

1994 Mazda MX-5 Miata 2dr Convertible

Maybe pre-mature - I've owned this car for only 9 months - but I have enjoyed every trouble free moment I've had it. Very impressed that an almost 16 year old car drives as well and feels as tight as this one does. I bought it with less than 80000 miles so it's been gently used over the years. When I was a kid in high school and college I had a couple of MGB's and loved 'em, but they were troublesome and unreliable. So when I set out to get another roadster to recapture the fun of open air driving I just had to get a 1st generation Miata. I get not only the fun, but the trouble free reliability as well. Having the both together is almost too good to believe.

It's a red, 5-spd, convertible that handles like it's on rails. Has a sweet exhaust note and the wind in the hair driving experience is unbeatable. And, yeah, I do feel like a kid again.

I guess if I wanted improvements I'd get the 3rd generation Miata (I mean, MX-5). No, this car is perfect as is. The after market stuff for this car is plentious so if I ever do get a hankering to improve anything I will be in good shape.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review