1994 Mazda MX-5 Miata Consumer Review: 9 Years without a problem

1994 Mazda MX-5 Miata - Consumer Review

9 Years without a problem
By 94white on

1994 Mazda MX-5 Miata M-Edition 2dr Convertible

I actually found myself on this site looking at purchasing a new entry level luxury car. After reading tons of reviews and calculating the monthly payments I had to really ask myself "why"?! My 94 Miata has been absolutely trouble free for the 6 years that I've owned it. Okay, I'll admit that I had to replace a 5 cent fuse last summer but it busted due to a faulty aftermarket light reminder buzzer I put in 5 years earlier! This car is tough and will go and go like no other car I've ever owned. Not only that, but the paint and interior still look new with only simple maintenance.

Favorite Features

Ability to change with the hardtop, soft top up, or down. The pop-up headlamps remain a novelty. The engine is free reving with good gas mileage. Handling is like a train on rails. See Miata.net for full details.

Suggested Improvements

In '99 Mazda finally added more trunk room and a glass window. Nice features but not an absolute need for a sports car. It's a small car so think before buying - it's not great for super long trips due to lack of storage space.