1994 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MX-5 Miata model:
I love the Miata
By Katie on 04/07/05 16:35 PM (PDT)

1994 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible 2dr Convertible

I bought a new Miata in 1992 but was forced to trade it in 1994 while pregnant with my first child. It's been ten years but I've finally purchased another one. I wanted the car "bare bones," no power accessories, and I found one that fit my description. This car is so much fun to drive and such a good buy for the money. I even enjoy the fact that it's a 1st edition Miata (the headlights are hidden). I don't plan on getting rid of this one! I highly recommend the Miata. They hold their value well and they become a car that you can get very attached to. I'm already planning to buy another used one!

Great Little Roadster
By Wiseguy on 02/27/05 22:17 PM (PST)

1994 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible 2dr Convertible

This is my summer car. Fun car to drive, even for a teenager! I'm 18 years old, and I just love driving the car. Great manual transmission, short throws. Great handling, near 50-50 weight, Great turning car. Get good MPG with the 1.8L

Fun, relatively cheap
By olennyboy on 11/12/04 01:18 AM (PST)

1994 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible M-Edition 2dr Convertible

Mostlly a 3 season car (in NJ)....fun, easy (convertible top), very reliable, low maintenance. with a few extras to the basic Miata (sway bars, better tires), the car really is fun.

Miata Rulz
By Kharpd on 11/07/04 09:11 AM (PST)

1994 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible M-Edition 2dr Convertible

Bought my Used 94'M-edition in 1998,love at first sight.I have since put 150000 miles on, and had minimal problems,The handling is impeccable,as is reliabilty.I can't kill it. 10 yrs old and I still hit 120 on the straight.Normal wear and tear accepted. ..ie a transmission..The Miata is by far the best and most fun car I have ever owned.

Awesome Sports Car
By driftmiatafun on 04/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible M-Edition 2dr Convertible

Very very fun car to drive! Wonderful on corners and I have experience in cars such as toyota supra and MR2. It makes those cars look like garbage on corners.

love it
By ironman on 02/25/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible 2dr Convertible

I drive this car year round in chicago and it sticks to the road even when snowing.

Fun toy
By Keyser Soze on 01/28/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible 2dr Convertible

I've had my Miata for 1.5 years or so, and it's been a pretty good car. The mechanical quality is very good, and the interior is holding up well, too. This car is super, super fun to drive. I've never owned a car that's been more enjoyable behind the wheel. It does require that you keep up with the maintance regularly, but if you do, it should be trouble free.

It's a blast to drive
By A-money on 01/28/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible 2dr Convertible

Hands down, the most fun that can be had in a car for under $30k.

Good Value, Dependable
By brutis on 09/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible 2dr Convertible

only problem I had was with an oil seal leak which was covered under warranty and probably caused when i auto-cross raced one weekend. very dependable car 8 fun to drive

loving my miata
By Vivian on 07/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible 2dr Convertible

wonderful on curvy roads and to get away from it all, this car allows the utmost freedom. You can put the top down while sitting at a stoplight and (suprise) tha design of the car allows you to drive it with the top down in a rainstorm and never feel a drop! I love this car... great for a realiable yet cheap sports car!