Used 1994 Mazda MX-5 Miata M-Edition Consumer Reviews - 10 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Mazda MX-5 Miata - Consumer Reviews

1994 Mazda MX-5 Miata

View reviews for a specific MX-5 Miata model:

The Best Sportscar I have EVER Owned
By Nick Robinson

1994 Mazda MX-5 Miata M-Edition 2dr Convertible

I have owned a '73 Z-29, (2) 1972 240-Zs, a 1971 Series 1 240Z, a 1969 Mustang GT and a 1978 Corvette. All had great points and glaring weaknesses. The Miata has no glaring weaknesses but some off-the-chart strengths. This is easily the best handling car I have ever driven. With street tread mounted on OEM 14 inch rims, and a completely stock suspension, this car takes curves with a predictability I cannot imagine will ever be improved upon. The engine pulls in every, single gear and the shifter is heavenly. The cockpit has just the right instrumentation and an honest set of mechanical gauges. Fuel economy is amazing and has never failed to deliver less than 21 mpg in town and 27 on the highway. I seldom drive this car with any consideration of fuel economy, so those numbers can be improved upon.

The body is solid and well put together. The engine is pretty simple to service, as long as you are not changing the oil. That can be a bit messy. I cured that with the addition of a Cobalt Oil Filter Relocation Kit. The rear end and gearbox are dead simple to access and service. Oh, by the way, this car has a Torsen Limited Slip Differential. Amazing quality for a very low price.

As for folks derisively calling this car "effete", drive the thing and then talk. It does more with the 128 base horsepower and four cylinders than my 71 240-Z could with 150. I loved my Z. I love my Miata.

Fun Fun Fun
By Jayne

1994 Mazda MX-5 Miata M-Edition 2dr Convertible

Put the top drop and enjoy your ride,handles great,you really feel the road.I love it.

pop up lights

94M
By Paul

1994 Mazda MX-5 Miata M-Edition 2dr Convertible

I bought this car several years ago having wanted one for a long time. it had over 125K on the clock and needed a top, shocks and seats, but the body and mechanicals were good. I gave it a new top, opting for a heated glass cloth top. I reupholstered the seats in leather. Upgraded the shocks and installed sway bars. I haven't enjoyed driving this much since my Fiat days in the 70s.

The seating position is great to me. I love the controls and the handling.

Not much. This is the closest to the perfect sports car you can find. It encompasses great handling and feel with dependability. My preference is to keep it as close to stock looking as possible.

Great tuner car
By GREATTUNERCAR

1994 Mazda MX-5 Miata M-Edition 2dr Convertible

Wow what can I say? I mean this is an amazing car very reliable, somewhere around 30 mpg, and drives amazing. My Miata has been garaged for a majority of its life (only 101,000 miles) clean engine havent had any problems ever.

Replacement and upgrade parts very inexpensive. Handles great. Speakers in head rest. Aerodynamics.

Turbo?!? Standard cup holder (not ashtray), armrest on door, better intake

Fun, relatively cheap
By olennyboy

1994 Mazda MX-5 Miata M-Edition 2dr Convertible

Mostlly a 3 season car (in NJ)....fun, easy (convertible top), very reliable, low maintenance. with a few extras to the basic Miata (sway bars, better tires), the car really is fun.

Styling (popup headlites remain kool on this car); relatively affordable ragtop; reliability

6 cylinder or bigger 4; BIGGER STORAGE SPACE