1993 Mazda MX-5 Miata Consumer Review: My best out of ten cars. My t

1993 Mazda MX-5 Miata - Consumer Review

My best out of ten cars. My true joy.
By sickcured on

1993 Mazda MX-5 Miata Limited 2dr Convertible

I bought this car while at Wyotech and took it from the deep south to just east of Pittsburgh, in the winter mind you. This was my first experience driving in the snow and ice. Thankfully, it came with the hard top. Wyotech did not pan out but my love for my Miata did. Have had a new white paint job, cloth top, stereo, and spec Miata wheels (15' with 205/50/15s, with ultra high performance tires). Other than those upgrades I have not done a thing to it execpt change the oil every 3 to 4 thousand miles and rotated the tires once. This car is my girlfriend right now and I will not let any one else drive it. Would like to make performance upgrades to autocross in the future. I will race.

The short throw shifter, handling, and high reving power. Plus mod possibilities. Dropping the top in the deep south is great for almost year around driving. I just love the looks I get from other people and the waves from other Miata drivers.

Stiffer chassis, more power from a turbo charger at a high psi and a return to the pop up headlights for the new models. When the headlights are down durning the day it gives the car such a clean look and at night who cares it is dark anyway. More interior/exterior color options.