1993 Mazda MX-5 Miata - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MX-5 Miata model:
Just Plain Fun!
By rick401 on 07/21/11 12:51 PM (PDT)

1993 Mazda MX-5 Miata 2dr Convertible

Bought the car last October, I have owned MG's and Austin Healey Sprite. This car is as fun to drive as those but with great reliability. Red with automatic transmission - its a head turner and I cant keep my wife out of it. Replaced factory stereo, added style bars for a wind screen. 130,000 miles and runs great!!!

Second most fun you can have
By Husker Fan on 08/08/09 12:19 PM (PDT)

1993 Mazda MX-5 Miata 2dr Convertible

I'm the third owner having bought the car in Sept 02 with 33k on it. In 7 years and 30k miles all it's required has been regular maintenance and a set of tires. Have had an MG, Austin Healey, Alfa Spider and a Sunbeam Tiger and several Mustangs a Firebird and some BMWs. The Miata isn't the most practical but it's the most fun for the least money and the greatest reliability. I'm 6'2, 185 and 60 years old. I fit it in it fine and don't need a break until we've gone for a couple hours. Buy one if you can find one with decent miles in good shape.

LOVE MY RAGTOP!!!!
By sally gooden on 07/31/09 15:49 PM (PDT)

1993 Mazda MX-5 Miata 2dr Convertible

Wanted one for about 2 years...finally took the plunge!! Bought it for a toy but can't stay out of it!! Mt husband & I put a new top on!! Looks great!! SOOOOOOOOO much fun!!!

To Much Fun / Like an Anvil Reliability
By a knesal on 10/09/08 20:06 PM (PDT)

1993 Mazda MX-5 Miata 2dr Convertible

I finally acquired my 1993 Miata 2005 after lusting for one since 89. No disappointments. Couldn't live with out one now. Fun! Still has that Zoom! Still has that universal attractiveness. People still ask what it is with a big smile on their faces. The best thing after the fun factor is the mileage 28-31 MPG in town, and 39-41 MPG on the hwy. Just turned in a 40.30 MPG from a trip through mountains with a lot of twisties and elevation changes. Reliability? 140k+ miles with the original clutch and rear brakes. I have a hardtop which is essential to year round use here in Puddle Town (Portland, Or.). Buy the best one you can find. Consider a hardtop. Happy Zooming!!!

92000 Miles & Still Going!
By dougb on 04/28/08 17:05 PM (PDT)

1993 Mazda MX-5 Miata 2dr Convertible

Got this car from my brother and what a joy to drive. It's not fast off the line but it has "maintenance speed" as you don't have to slow down for corners. Needs to be put up to 5000 rpm for shifting to get the maximum "go" out of it, this is what it was built for!

My best out of ten cars. My true joy.
By sickcured on 12/04/07 11:48 AM (PST)

1993 Mazda MX-5 Miata Limited 2dr Convertible

I bought this car while at Wyotech and took it from the deep south to just east of Pittsburgh, in the winter mind you. This was my first experience driving in the snow and ice. Thankfully, it came with the hard top. Wyotech did not pan out but my love for my Miata did. Have had a new white paint job, cloth top, stereo, and spec Miata wheels (15' with 205/50/15s, with ultra high performance tires). Other than those upgrades I have not done a thing to it execpt change the oil every 3 to 4 thousand miles and rotated the tires once. This car is my girlfriend right now and I will not let any one else drive it. Would like to make performance upgrades to autocross in the future. I will race.

Roadster Fun
By Fun Times on 11/11/07 13:53 PM (PST)

1993 Mazda MX-5 Miata 2dr Convertible

Great little car. Bought it when it was 9 years old with 33k miles on it. Other than tires, gas/oil only thing I've had to do was replace a fuse and the bulb in the tail light in the trunk while putting 21k more miles on it. With $3+ gas it gets good mileage and is fun to drive. Think it's still on the origional top although the rear windows foggy. Have owned an MG, Austin Healey, Sunbeam Tiger and an Alfa Romeo; the Miata's as fun to drive, starts when it's cold, keeps you dry in the rain and is as reliable as a stove.

Reliable and fun
By Dr.D on 10/16/07 06:46 AM (PDT)

1993 Mazda MX-5 Miata 2dr Convertible

By far the best car I've ever owned. Purchased new and been all over the US. Very reliable and the most bang for the buck. Car has been lowered and stiffened a bit with Koni shocks so there are a few squeaks and rattles but it's a sports car. Nothing like the older British stuff that broke down continually. A blast in the winter with Blizzaks on cheap steel rims. Chicks love this car and kids stare and wave.

Love my Miata!
By Bradley on 10/13/07 09:57 AM (PDT)

1993 Mazda MX-5 Miata Limited 2dr Convertible

I bought this car sight unseen. Tan top and automatic transmision. It took me almost two days to fall in love with it. It handles extremely well. Floats down the highway. The engine is solid and sounds great too! Steering is tight and sure. I can really feel the road. And it stops fast! With the top down, there are no blind spots whatsoever, but, with the top up and if it's raining, whooo, it can get a little hairy. And the top does leak. But I can live with that. Overall I love my miata. No one drives a Miata because they HAVE to. they drive a Miata because they WANT to.

New Thrills
By Rick on 07/25/07 13:22 PM (PDT)

1993 Mazda MX-5 Miata 2dr Convertible

Just weeks ago, we realized one of our mid-life fantasies with the purchase of our 1993 Miata. We are can't quite wipe the smile off our faces as we zoom-zoom through the North Georgia mountains in our road-hugging roadster. Right price, well maintained - and named "Stella".