1992 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible - Consumer Reviews

Base 1.6L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (22 reviews )
1992 Sunburst Yellow Miata
By John @ WEM on 09/07/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible 2dr Convertible

I bought my Miata new in '92, and have never been sorry. I did loads of long-distance driving up & down Calif. when working for the state. Later took the car to England for 10 years where it was loads of fun on twisty lanes. Added supercharger, adjustable Konis, & slotted discs all around and it now goes & handles even better. Over 105K miles, and the only thing that has ever failed was a blown heater hose, long ago.

Motorcycle replacement
By Brian McInnes on 06/05/10 20:07 PM (PDT)

1992 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible 2dr Convertible

I decided to sell my motorcycle due to arthritis and replace it with a convertible. I had thought about buying an affordable classic, i.e. MGB, Triumph Alfa Romeo or Fiat. To cut a long story short I bought a 92 Miata SE in British racing Green with 108K on the clock. The AC had been removed and power steering replaced with non power unit. This car is in its element in narrow twisty country roads. It will out handle almost any other car on the road. It's not all about top speed or 0 to 60 times. It's all about fun to drive and it's not going to cost you and an arm and a leg.

Miata lover :)
By Sandra on 05/11/10 06:47 AM (PDT)

1992 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible 2dr Convertible

I bought my Miata 4 months ago with 92,000 miles on it and fell in love with it right away! It drives & handles great and the gas mileage is outstanding! This car is perfect in every single way!

I Love This Thing...
By David on 03/24/10 06:50 AM (PDT)

1992 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible 2dr Convertible

Living in Temecula & working in National City ( 70 mile commute ) was killing my Ridgeline, so I bought this with a rebuilt engine. This car is an absolute blast to drive. I'm getting roughly 34 miles to the gallon and am just having so much fun in it. The previous owner had maintained this car as I would, taking care of every detail. I love it so much that i'm debating on selling my Ridgeline & using this as my primary. Possibly a bad idea, but do I really need a car payment for a truck I barely drive now :)

Great Car
By Mimi on 10/09/08 10:15 AM (PDT)

1992 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible 2dr Convertible

I purchased Mimi thru a private seller and friend. This is a fun and easy car to drive. Uses very little gas and cranks up like a champion. I love driving it in the late summer, fall. Easy handling, power. Overall a great car

Zoom Zoom
By Mayer on 04/03/08 10:32 AM (PDT)

1992 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible 2dr Convertible

After 16 years, my Miata is going strong with just regular maintenance. And it's almost at 200,000 miles. Fun to drive, even through Chicago winters with a foot of snow (just stay away from snow-plows!). Summers are great with the top down!

Awesome Car For Florida
By sasha on 03/21/08 16:48 PM (PDT)

1992 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible 2dr Convertible

I have always had convertibles, but never a miata. I have not been disappointed. This car has been very reliable. It is a little shaky on long distance driving but, the gas mileage is worth it. I have had to replace the clutch and radiator but other than that everything has been great!

Best used car purchase I have ever made!
By Larry S on 01/22/08 03:56 AM (PST)

1992 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible 2dr Convertible

I bought this car nearly 2 yrs ago as a second vehicle, a toy of sorts for myself. I got it with only 110k miles on it and it was a one owner vehicle. The car had nothing wrong with it, perfect paint, top, and interior. Not even a door ding! I have since put over 15k hard miles on her so far and she just keeps begging for more. I have done nothing but maintenance since I bought her and even my dealer says the car is mechanically perfect. I actually miss driving this car when I am behind the wheel of my 6 wagon, by far the most fun I have ever had behind the wheel! I have no plans to ever sell this car, she is that great!

Smiles per gallon
By ryecatcher on 05/27/06 14:48 PM (PDT)

1992 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible 2dr Convertible

This car is, hands down, the best value for the money of any car. The car is bulletproof, the drivetrain is solid and reliable, maintenance is cheap and simple enough to do it yourself. This is my second Miata (first was a 1990). I keep testing the newer ones, thinking I'm going to trade it in, but I always go back to the rawer, lighter early 1990's cars. These cars are a blast to drive around town. You can wind it up, drive like a maniac, and still keep it under 60 and not draw undue attention. They are also super-fun on two lane country roads. If you have a long highway commute, it might not be the best choice, as the highway noise (mostly from other cars) gets tiresome.

I have seen the light!!
By Jetset on 07/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible 2dr Convertible

After owning a driving SUVs for the last 3 years, this car even at 12 years old is abosolutely amazing! It is trendy, I love the newly aquired attention, quick for it's size, AWESOME fuel economy...32mpg on the hwy, and is a joy to drive. Never new these cars handled so well, like it's on rails. Wish I new this a long, long time ago...will drive this car until it won't go anymore.