Used 1992 Mazda MX-5 Miata Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Mazda MX-5 Miata - Consumer Reviews

Base 1.6L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (22 reviews )

1992 Sunburst Yellow Miata
By John @ WEM

1992 Mazda MX-5 Miata 2dr Convertible

I bought my Miata new in '92, and have never been sorry. I did loads of long-distance driving up & down Calif. when working for the state. Later took the car to England for 10 years where it was loads of fun on twisty lanes. Added supercharger, adjustable Konis, & slotted discs all around and it now goes & handles even better. Over 105K miles, and the only thing that has ever failed was a blown heater hose, long ago.

Fun, fun, fun to drive!

Slightly more comfortable bucket seats--though it just may be my back getting older since I bought it 18 years ago. Only wish I had the 6-speed box.

Motorcycle replacement
By Brian McInnes

1992 Mazda MX-5 Miata 2dr Convertible

I decided to sell my motorcycle due to arthritis and replace it with a convertible. I had thought about buying an affordable classic, i.e. MGB, Triumph Alfa Romeo or Fiat. To cut a long story short I bought a 92 Miata SE in British racing Green with 108K on the clock. The AC had been removed and power steering replaced with non power unit. This car is in its element in narrow twisty country roads. It will out handle almost any other car on the road. It's not all about top speed or 0 to 60 times. It's all about fun to drive and it's not going to cost you and an arm and a leg.

It's handling can't beat it

stick to the old recipe. good handling adequate performance and reliability

Miata lover :)
By Sandra

1992 Mazda MX-5 Miata 2dr Convertible

I bought my Miata 4 months ago with 92,000 miles on it and fell in love with it right away! It drives & handles great and the gas mileage is outstanding! This car is perfect in every single way!

Driving with the top down

If you do not like attention don't buy this car. It's eye catcher!

I Love This Thing...
By David

1992 Mazda MX-5 Miata 2dr Convertible

Living in Temecula & working in National City ( 70 mile commute ) was killing my Ridgeline, so I bought this with a rebuilt engine. This car is an absolute blast to drive. I'm getting roughly 34 miles to the gallon and am just having so much fun in it. The previous owner had maintained this car as I would, taking care of every detail. I love it so much that i'm debating on selling my Ridgeline & using this as my primary. Possibly a bad idea, but do I really need a car payment for a truck I barely drive now :)

It's just fun, that's it. Easy to work on & dress up any way you like.

As my toy car, nothing. Well, if I could get a bigger smile when I get in it I guess that would be better... Trust me, you'll love old Miatas...

Great Car
By Mimi

1992 Mazda MX-5 Miata 2dr Convertible

I purchased Mimi thru a private seller and friend. This is a fun and easy car to drive. Uses very little gas and cranks up like a champion. I love driving it in the late summer, fall. Easy handling, power. Overall a great car

Convertible top

Cup holders, more seat padding