1991 Mazda MX-5 Miata Consumer Review: Fantastic car that is very fun

1991 Mazda MX-5 Miata - Consumer Review

Base Convertible (1.6L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Fantastic car that is very fun to drive.
By face60 on

1991 Mazda MX-5 Miata 2dr Convertible

I purchased my 91 Miata MX5 a year ago with 89,000 miles on it. My intentions where to restore the car within a reasonable budget and this has been accomplished. I had new front custom bumper added with new driver side fender, and trim mold plate in the rear replaced. I also had new timing belt, water pump, spark plugs, spark plug wires, front and rear axle, cv joints, upper and lower bearings replaced, radiator flushed, and painted As well as a new canvas soft top, Bluetooth radio, new seats and interior trim replaced. My total with the purchase of the vehicle came to $3,800 give or take a few dollars. The car is now mechanically and aesthetically sound for a very reasonable amount.

Replacement parts are plentiful and very reasonably priced. Highly recommend getting one piece top with glass as to make easier to put down and raise up the top. Driving and handling are spectacular in this car. There are no curves deep enough. The car zips along but does not have a tremendous amount of horsepower but it does not matter because the drive is an awesome experience. Love this car and plan to keep until it dies.

This car needs no improvements. It is a true roadster as a roadster should be. It is not loaded with a lot of frills such as power windows, locks, mirros, seat and so on, but it packs a lot of thrills in handling and driving. Just the basics in this car a/c, manual everything (a true roadster).