Used 1991 Mazda MX-5 Miata Special Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific MX-5 Miata model:

Love of my Life :o))
By Becca

1991 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Special 2dr Convertible

Hubby presented this little hummer to me 16 years ago and I have loved it ever since. I am always getting praise and nice comments from people everywhere I go. It costs $7 to fill it up and I can go almost forever...whoooee! I had to buy some Beach Boy CD's when I first got it because no rock 'n roll music was capable of expressing or understanding my feelings when I "gaaazoom" down the highway with my hair blowing about wildly. It's a very dependable car and amazingly gutsy. With 26,800 miles on it, the most I have needed on it was oil changes, tire rotated, new tires, lubes, and antifreeze system cleanout. This is one of my greatest cars-too bad we have so many icy roads where we live.

Loud hum--gaaazoom the engine makes. Short wheelbase and excellent handling. I understand the newer Miata's are even better...WOW.

Make the drivers seat more adjustable for the shorter-legged driver. Upgrade the speakers as a standard feature. After all, how well can we hear the Beach Boys with the standard in seatback speakers? Offer all models with leather seats and stop using the cloths seats altogether.

A Dandy Special Edition
By Charles Moss

1991 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Special 2dr Convertible

This car is fun to drive at any age; I am now seventy and still having a ball with it. It is better to own this car when you live in non-snowy climates. It is a lot of car for the buck.

Headrest speakers, ease of putting top down and up. Fun to drive.

I have a 1991 and the improvements I would have suggested have been made in later years.