1991 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MX-5 Miata model:
After owning it for 20 years, still a great car!
By wmshub on 01/27/11 11:05 AM (PST)

1991 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible 2dr Convertible

In 1991, fresh out of college, I bought a Miata. I figured that I may be married with kids when I buy my next car, so this was my one chance to buy an impractical sportscar. I test drove a bunch, the Miata wasn't the fastest but it was easily the most fun to drive, so that was that. It's been a great car! Not only has it been a lot of fun, with great handling and a peppy feel, but it's been incredibly reliable. Other than regular maintenance, the only problem has been a replacement of the clutch cylinders. Now here I am, 20 years later, this is still the only car I've ever owned and it's running strong.

Nice Sport Car!
By Angelo on 10/17/08 19:58 PM (PDT)

1991 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible 2dr Convertible

Bought this Miata with 72k miles to drive around instead of my gas guzzling truck. Wow, this little car is fun! Great performer, solid, almost bullet proof. I did so minor stuff like changing the tires, changing the original shocks, a new valve cover gasket and a new rubber boot for the shifter. These were all normal maintenance items and I have to say that the car runs like new. I previously owned a 2004 Honda S2000 and that was one nice roadster. This Miata does not fall too behind the S2000 and it only cost me $4.000. What a deal, it is so much fun, I am keeping it!

Money well spent So much Fun to Drive!
By Sean on 10/12/06 00:01 AM (PDT)

1991 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible 2dr Convertible

Now I know why the other reviews were so high. I just bought a 91 Miata 2 weeks ago It was in perfect condition It has 81k miles average of about 5500 miles per year. I paid $3800. It is so fun to drive and handles great. Just like driving a go-cart. The inside and outside of the car looks new. It had new tires and rims put on. The timing belts done. New top with glass window. Momo steering wheel. Short shifter. I plan on keeping this car for awhile. I constantly want to drive somewhere. My last car was a Benz C220 and I don't miss it at all.

Love of my Life :o))
By Becca on 07/06/06 20:29 PM (PDT)

1991 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Special 2dr Convertible

Hubby presented this little hummer to me 16 years ago and I have loved it ever since. I am always getting praise and nice comments from people everywhere I go. It costs $7 to fill it up and I can go almost forever...whoooee! I had to buy some Beach Boy CD's when I first got it because no rock 'n roll music was capable of expressing or understanding my feelings when I "gaaazoom" down the highway with my hair blowing about wildly. It's a very dependable car and amazingly gutsy. With 26,800 miles on it, the most I have needed on it was oil changes, tire rotated, new tires, lubes, and antifreeze system cleanout. This is one of my greatest cars-too bad we have so many icy roads where we live.

Review of my Miata
By helena kerfoot on 05/11/06 19:12 PM (PDT)

1991 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible 2dr Convertible

I purchased this car with 8500 miles on it. It has been garage kept in Florida. I only drive it when I come to my home in Florida. I have approximately 27,000 miles on it at this time. I have had new tires put on the car since I have had it and last year put in an 8 year battery. The car was serviced by a garage and it needs to have the electrical system checked, as after their checkup, I no longer am able to play the radio or my tapes. It is used primarily for trips to the grocery store and/or classes that I take once a week.

Fun, Fun, Fun
By Mike on 02/10/06 13:46 PM (PST)

1991 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible 2dr Convertible

I purchased this car in Oct. '05 for $4700.00 with only 27,000 miles on the clock. It was in perfect condition having been kept in a garage under a car cover. I did not realize what a great deal I got until I drove it for a while. Plenty of pep and it handles like a dream. The more curves in the road, the better it handles. When I am through with this one, and that may be a long time, I will definitely get another Miata.

A Dandy Special Edition
By Charles Moss on 10/24/05 19:22 PM (PDT)

1991 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Special 2dr Convertible

This car is fun to drive at any age; I am now seventy and still having a ball with it. It is better to own this car when you live in non-snowy climates. It is a lot of car for the buck.

No regrets
By Michael on 10/18/05 18:22 PM (PDT)

1991 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible 2dr Convertible

This is a great car that has held up great, too. Some fading of paint on the side mirrors, but that's it. Still runs like a champ and has never given me a problem. I'll likely by another one in a few years.

God Allow's U-Turns
By My Baby on 08/12/05 00:26 AM (PDT)

1991 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible 2dr Convertible

After finally getting the kid's grown, my Miata was my Mother's Day gift from my husband...no car seats allowed. I just love it...she handles well...zips around curves without hesitation...and out-shows those many years younger than her. She made a 400 mile round trip on a little over a half tank of gas (about 6 gallons)...who could ask for more? She's a real head-turner at church, at the kid's schools, in the park, or on the road.

91 miata
By shep on 06/09/05 09:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible 2dr Convertible

Was purchased in 94 for 4k. Had 122k miles. Great fun to drive with the top up or down. Started in the winter with no problems. Has a great heater and a/c. Standard shift that is smooth and easy. I just change the oil at 3k miles. No repairs needed, except for a new battery. I get 35 miles on the highway. Combined with low depreciation and fun driving, you cant beat it.