No. 4 - 9 years away from Collector status
By C2100 on
1990 Mazda MX-5 Miata 2dr Convertible
This is my 3rd, a classic red 01 1990. My first was identical right down to the month but had no power steering or mags. Did have the hardtop however. Purchased it for $10,500 in 96 and sold it for $10250 in 2001! A hip replacement forced me into a more comfortable car. Imported a fully loaded 97 but sold it soon after. My partner purchased a 2001 a month ago and after a 3000 km trip with the top down through our Coastal and Rocky Mts returned and tracked down a project car. Needs a new front seal and a paint job. Returned to the original edition because of price and cabin room. Loving it and will improve its appearance as time and money permits. Great to be driving a future classic.
Favorite Features
Handling, colour and appearance. Cabin room, no electric mirrors, antenna or windows. Economy and performance and ease of driving. A classic that will become a collectors item. Great support from enthusiasts.
Suggested Improvements
Ride comfort and safety features have been added over the years and one can buy into them as needed for a very reasonable cost.