Used 1990 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Consumer Reviews - 61 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1990 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible - Consumer Reviews

Base 1.6L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (61 reviews )

Best money ever spent!
By Tyna Agee

1990 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible 2dr Convertible

I bought my 1990 miata back in 1998 off of a private seller for $8k with 19,000 miles on it. I still have the car today with only 98k miles on it! This car has been amazingly dependable, reliable and practically maintenance free! I think I spent money on a new soft top and brakes but that's really it besides regular oil changes. This car has been so much fun to drive too! I store it every winter so I have taken great care of it. I honestly have to say that's it's been one of the best purchases I have ever made! I absolutely love the looks of the 2016 Miata convertibles but I can't seem to part with my little old red baby!

Lil Red
By Mary

1990 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible 2dr Convertible

I have owned two of these cars and they are dependable and lots of fun! I trained my daughter on this manual shift and now it's her car.

First Year Miata '90
By Bill

1990 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible 2dr Convertible

This is as fun as it gets

1990 Miata
By wandoriver87

1990 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible 2dr Convertible

So folks this car is amazing. Bought back in 1989 and was the 2,355 built. Mom drove it for 20yrs until coming down with Cancer, so she sat in the garage for 5yrs. Recently, dad gave it to me with just a few minor problems. He had stripped the bolt head on the #4 spark plug..fixed. New tires and a good wax down. Now, I drive this on most days. She has 64k on her and runs great. I replaced the computer and updated that. Cleaned out the drains due to minor clogs. Just love it. I've been told and warned if I sell it I would be disowned from the Family. Now, this is the car wonderful and for the folks that have low miles....bank!!!

Handling

Nothing

Love love love this car
By pawprintboxers

1990 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible 2dr Convertible

I bought my 1990 just 2 years ago. It was an early Christmas present to myself. I had admired the Miatas but just never bought one.

Believe me I am making up for lost time. Excellent commuter car, great gas mileage, easy to park, zips all over, looks fabulous and I always have a smile on my face.

I gave it new rims and a new top. I have only had to replace a few minor parts that 25 years dictated needing to be replaced. But nothing major at all. This is the little car that next quits. I am in love !!

Update: I sold my 1990 after 3 years to another Miata lover. I bought a 2008 Miata. Love the Mazda cars but just wanted a bit more power items. The 1990 was FUN car but it got hard to commute with a stick shift. Now I have an automatic but still get the zoom zoom fun.