1995 Mazda MX-3 - Consumer Reviews

Base 1.6L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (13 reviews )
MX-3 - princess of power
By Silver fox on 02/22/09 13:16 PM (PST)

1995 Mazda MX-3 2dr Hatchback

I've been driving my 1995 MX-3 V-6 for 6 years now and I'd rank it with any coupe of any make, price range or year! Peppy, great looking, reliable, like any car of the Mazda line. Give it regular mechanical maintenance and a little body TLC and it will love you back. A Porsche tried to race it on the highway the other day--and lost.

I Love this Car!!!
By MX-3_B6-D on 06/14/08 14:00 PM (PDT)

1995 Mazda MX-3 2dr Hatchback

Beautiful car, especially in Brilliant Black (which I obviously own). Very roomy for such a small car. Great handling, great performance for such small displacement. I have very little rust and it is 13 years old! A/C is still going, that is a plus for me. Only problem I've had with this car, is that the valve cover leaked a little oil onto the manifold cover and smoked a bit (which could happen to any car), but some gasket sealant can solve that problem. I've only sat in the back seat of my car once, just to see how it felt. They could be a little more reclined, but I'm not riding in the back so it's not my problem... HA HA!

Excellent
By anquilla on 09/01/06 17:48 PM (PDT)

1995 Mazda MX-3 2dr Hatchback

For a 10 year old car, with 110k miles on it, this has given me fewer problems than every Civic my friends or I have owned. Nothing beyond routine maintenance and gives me better mileage than a comparable Corolla. Not to mention the most important part - it's a lot more fun to drive than either of them.

mx3owner
By mx3owner on 04/11/06 20:47 PM (PDT)

1995 Mazda MX-3 2dr Hatchback

This is a very economical car that hates gas. I have no problems with my MX-3. Excellent handling and fun to drive.

very good car
By orlando1 on 02/11/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Mazda MX-3 2dr Hatchback

good car over all needs more space the car is small but is very reliable ann economical in gas

Good Price, Great Car
By KCK on 05/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Mazda MX-3 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car new February of '96. I've had very little problems with the mechanics of the vehicle. Mostly just routine maintenance (oil change, tires, battery) although earlier this year I did have to replace the right half shaft. It was only a $120 repair and considering I've had the vehicle for more than 7 years I'd say that's not bad. I will be in the market for a new car soon..but I'm not parting with my MX-3. I will probably keep it till it won't drive anymore and fix it up with a body kit or something next year.

fun car
By Shanin on 11/06/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Mazda MX-3 2dr Hatchback

I bought my car new in 96, it was a leftover from the previous year. I have had no problems at all and it is a blast to drive. It would be nice to have more power and a little softer ride, but the stiff ride makes for great handling. The only thing I didn't like is that it didn't come with a factory clear coat, so I had it repainted with clear coat. It's style is still more current then some 2003's

Mazda's forgotten sports car
By EntropysEdge on 08/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Mazda MX-3 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car new in 1995. The looks and handling is what sold me and after 7 years, it still looks great (most people I know think it is a MUCH newer car, the usual guess is 1999 or 2000 model)It is the most reliable car I have ever owned, no problems at all in the entire time I've had it. The main difficulty that I've had is the lack of aftermarket support, making any improvements (such as trying to increase power, the one thing this car could use more of) a challenge.

Knigh Rider
By maverick on 07/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Mazda MX-3 2dr Hatchback

The car is fun to drive. It is pretty fast on the street as well as on the hgihways. No major repairs except clutch replacement and shaft bar in 4 yrs.

A really reliable car
By Bill V on 05/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Mazda MX-3 2dr Hatchback

I've had my MX3 since 95. Bought it new and it has been a great car. Other than normal stuff like brake pads, tires and oil changes the ONLY major fix was a new set of spark plug wires, which took the {bleeping} mechanic several attempts to trouble shoot so it cost more to fix than it should have. It has decent performance, but it's real strengths are handling, and the interior space/comfort. I have carried an entire Futon home in that car, and was able to close the back hatch! This car has been VERY reliable, like most pre-Ford Mazdas. (don't buy a Tribute, or a Ford Focus!) The interior is constructed from very high quality materials. Bill V.