Used 1994 Mazda MX-3 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific MX-3 model:

Great Car!
By bengalbrad

1994 Mazda MX-3 GS 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car 5 years ago and it had over 140,000 miles on it. I have never had a serious problem with it. it's so much fun to drive. I highly recommend it to anyone. Great value, very reliable and great design.

Favorite Features

very quick. handles great. chicks dig it!

Fantastic car
By johnathebar

1994 Mazda MX-3 GS 2dr Hatchback

My wife bought her MX3 GS new in 1994, and it still has under 40,000 miles on it and is still like a new car. Granted she has not put a lot of miles on it, and it is garaged all the time, but this has honestly been one of the absolute most trouble-free cars I've ever seen. Add to that that it is fun to drive, looks good, it's comfortable and relatively economical. After 18 years of ownership my wife still loves her MX3 and never even considers that she might want somethng newer. Only regular upkeep (oil changes, 1 set of tires, 2 batteries, 1 tune-up and we did the 60K scheduled maintenance at 30K just because of its age), and 1 minor repair (cracked air hose). Hard to beat

Favorite Features

Fun, comfortable, reliable & economical

Suggested Improvements

I do wish the driver's seat would go back another inch. Otherwise the only issue I would suggest is improvement of the window weatherstripping, it's not really formed right at the curve of the window and tends to sort of kink up there

94' MX-3 GS
By Joe8888

1994 Mazda MX-3 GS 2dr Hatchback

This is a great little v6 engine. I bought it used with 183,000kms and it now has 200,000.... i have not had a single engine related problem and it runs good and pulls hard. Also has original tranny, and at 200,000 kms, thats one good reason why imports are great and GM's SUCK !!!

Favorite Features

Love the interior,,, comfy front seats and tons of room up front for a small car... i hear the back is quite small and uncomfy, but what do i care, im the pilot :) Also the exterior is way ahead of its time... people aways think my car is newer than it is.

Suggested Improvements

Nadda

economic yet sporty!
By resa

1994 Mazda MX-3 GS 2dr Hatchback

this car is SO fun to drive. while it has its fair share of mechanical issues and kinks. it is still incredibly reliable, and should last a longggg time if maintained properly. if you plan to buy this car do your research! mx-3.com has a tech forum which details most of the common problems found on this car. most of the problems are minor. that aside, the car is zippy, its sporty, and its FUN. it handles like its on a RAIL. not only that it gets good mileage, and it's easy to maintain. i wouldn't trade my mx-3 in for anything out there today! :)

Favorite Features

overall aesthetic design, handling, size

Suggested Improvements

quality of the parts. a lot of the parts mazda used on this car have been known to wear easily. with proper maintenence though that is not even that big of an issue. :)

Gas Milage Joy Ride
By Jerald

1994 Mazda MX-3 2dr Hatchback

I have had my Mx-3 for a year now and I have had nothing but fun with it. The only real work done to it was the usual water pump and timing belt replacement. The car is economical and sporty at the same time. I love the gas milage compared to the typical gas hogs. I would suggest this car to anyone, especially those looking for a car you don't see everyday.

Favorite Features

Both the interior and exterior designs The nice ride and the improved handling of a smaller car. And of course the GAS MILAGE

Suggested Improvements

Perhaps a little more stopping power wouldn't hurt.