Used 1993 Mazda MX-3 Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific MX-3 model:

Still running at 17 years old
By GGCAN

1993 Mazda MX-3 2dr Hatchback

I purchased this car used in 1999 with 104,000 km and it was the 4 cyl. At that time I didn't have a lot of money for a car as I had just taken out a mortgage and needed a car. I am not sorry for this purchase, as the car has lasted me until now September 2010 and is now showing it's age and I am replacing it. I've pretty much driven it into the ground and other than maintenance, had not put money into any repairs...it's been very dependable.

Love the look of the car when I purchased it and I still think it looks nice in 2010. It has been very good on gas. Driving and handling has been fun.

Because it was only the 4 cylinder, there wasn't a lot of power, but I won't complain as I bought it at a very low price when I purchased it used and it came through with flying colors for the next 11 years that I've owned it.

My Friend for 12 Years
By RJR

1993 Mazda MX-3 2dr Hatchback

I can't say enough about this car. It might not be the coolest car on the road but I owned this car for over 12 years, put over 110,000 miles on it, and it saved me a ton of cash. The reliability of this car is off the charts. I might have put $3k into it the entire time I owned it, and that's replacing consumables like brakes, exhaust, etc. The car never failed me once and is probably still on the road somewhere. I sold the car with 139,000 miles on it and it was still on the original clutch!

Comfortable for a small car, nice design, visible instrumentation, plenty of room for 2 people but no more. Great paint - required very little wax to keep the clear coat in good shape and black paint black. Great gas mileage and never burned oil.

No complaints - this is a pretty basic car. If you take care of this car it will run forever.

Cool Car
By haycraft

1993 Mazda MX-3 2dr Hatchback

this is a great car I have had mine for a little less than 6 months but i love it i had a little electrical trouble but that was because whoever i bought it from could nt put in a stereo. my car has 190000+ miles on it and still runs like a charm, mazda did great.

The four cylinder version gets upwards of 30 MPG which is great for rising gas prices. i have had this car up to 110 with no problems a really sound car

Weather stripping usually goes bad and dries out after a while, a definite improvement needed

more power
By jesushcrist

1993 Mazda MX-3 2dr Hatchback

i bought my mazda with 118000 miles and i drove the hellout of it and the only thing ive done is change the battery. but theres just not enough power.

rear seat. trunk room. handling

longer 1st gear more power

Niche Car Waiting To Happen
By ProjekMX3

1993 Mazda MX-3 2dr Hatchback

I absolutely love my Mazda MX-3. I don't think for what I paid I could possibly find a car thats more fun to drive, and easy to find information on too. I recommend all MX-3 owners and future owners go to www.mx-3.com for all their mx-3 information. I've had the car for about 3 months its the best car I've ever had. The car has fantastic cornering, and really good acceleration. The seats hug you when you drive all and all great car.

Sport Seats, Hold Button For Incliment weather, Great Handling, Great Aftermarket Part Availabitily.

Rear Windshield Wiper, No Cruise Control on Base Model, Bring Back The MX-3