Used 1993 Mazda MX-3 Special Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Mazda Mx-3 - Consumer Reviews

1993 Mazda MX-3

View reviews for a specific MX-3 model:

best car for the daily driver
By mitmaks

1993 Mazda MX-3 Special 2dr Hatchback

I have owned this car for more than 6 years and I'm very pleased with it. It's really hard to move onto something newer. It has one of the best handling abilities compared to all FWD cars even being 15 yr old car. I'm not even talking about how much more positive difference it makes when you start adding upgrades and engine swaps are easy and inexpensive (200hp J-spec kl-ze) will waste much more expensive cars such as Integra type R, S2000's, etc.

Favorite Features

handling is one of the best and acceleration for the stock 1.8L is incredible. Can not complain about interior design either.

Suggested Improvements

Would have been nice if it was AWD platform but for the price of the car you can't complain.

Best sports car under $6k!
By OWN1NOW

1993 Mazda MX-3 Special 2dr Hatchback

The MX-3 GS Special combines several of my favorite features into one vehicle. Nothing (at this price) handles like this little monster. Car and Driver put this car in the 300Z/Supra/3000GT range of road grip, and after 3 years of fun (can you say 90 mph exit ramp circle?), I agree. This car has taken everything I have dished out with a smile. I drove this car 29 hours straight @ 90-100 mph --no probs. I've also driven it with 1 QT oil and NO water for days-with little loss of performance If you can find another car this reliable, fun, and feature-packed for under $6k used, please let me know!

Favorite Features

*balanced handling -front and rear anti-roll bars, ltd-slip diff., 205/55 HR15's, speed sensitive pwr steering *gas mileage/performance -DOHC 24v 1.8L V6, 30 mpg *cockpit interior - leather, pwr everything *low maintenance *huge hatch -great for bass

Suggested Improvements

I can only think of one improvement: START MAKING THESE CARS AGAIN!!! (production was limited to 1992 to 1995)