1993 Mazda MX-3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MX-3 model:
Still running at 17 years old
By GGCAN on 09/26/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Mazda MX-3 2dr Hatchback

I purchased this car used in 1999 with 104,000 km and it was the 4 cyl. At that time I didn't have a lot of money for a car as I had just taken out a mortgage and needed a car. I am not sorry for this purchase, as the car has lasted me until now September 2010 and is now showing it's age and I am replacing it. I've pretty much driven it into the ground and other than maintenance, had not put money into any repairs...it's been very dependable.

My Friend for 12 Years
By RJR on 11/12/08 17:47 PM (PST)

1993 Mazda MX-3 2dr Hatchback

I can't say enough about this car. It might not be the coolest car on the road but I owned this car for over 12 years, put over 110,000 miles on it, and it saved me a ton of cash. The reliability of this car is off the charts. I might have put $3k into it the entire time I owned it, and that's replacing consumables like brakes, exhaust, etc. The car never failed me once and is probably still on the road somewhere. I sold the car with 139,000 miles on it and it was still on the original clutch!

Cool Car
By haycraft on 03/12/08 18:17 PM (PDT)

1993 Mazda MX-3 2dr Hatchback

this is a great car I have had mine for a little less than 6 months but i love it i had a little electrical trouble but that was because whoever i bought it from could nt put in a stereo. my car has 190000+ miles on it and still runs like a charm, mazda did great.

more power
By jesushcrist on 07/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Mazda MX-3 2dr Hatchback

i bought my mazda with 118000 miles and i drove the hellout of it and the only thing ive done is change the battery. but theres just not enough power.

Niche Car Waiting To Happen
By ProjekMX3 on 01/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Mazda MX-3 2dr Hatchback

I absolutely love my Mazda MX-3. I don't think for what I paid I could possibly find a car thats more fun to drive, and easy to find information on too. I recommend all MX-3 owners and future owners go to www.mx-3.com for all their mx-3 information. I've had the car for about 3 months its the best car I've ever had. The car has fantastic cornering, and really good acceleration. The seats hug you when you drive all and all great car.

MAZDA M3X
By sammar on 11/23/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Mazda MX-3 2dr Hatchback

Excellent car, real fun to drive and reliable. Driver seat is very comfortable for long trips. It is also economical, and fast when need. Hard to find at dealers since owners like to keep hold of their MX3’s.

zips beautifully
By SweetGusty on 06/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Mazda MX-3 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car as a senior in high school, it was economical and had great gas mileage. I havnt had problems with it until recently- the battery has lost ability to charge a few times, fan belt keeps snapping, and the Air Conditioner refuses to get fixed. I love the handling and the rougher ride- I feel like i'm in a tire commercial on a winding road. Acceleration is decent, I have the auto trans. but would have preferred a manual. Turning is easy at high speeds, it likes to hug the road and zips around heavy SUV's like its nothing. This is the only car i've been sentimental about- I dont know why. Its a great car for new/young drivers.

My road dog.
By tempvon on 05/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Mazda MX-3 2dr Hatchback

This has been the best car I have ever owned. I've had no major repairs or maintenance fees. I generally just keep the oil changed and regular $50 tune-ups. I'm beggining to have problems with the air conditioning and the automatic seatbelts. I have logged 140k and it's never stopped on me(knock on wood).