1992 Mazda MX-3 Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MX-3 model:
11 years (and counting) of a super car
By kchat on 12/13/11 09:57 AM (PST)

1992 Mazda MX-3 Hatchback 2dr Hatchback

Bought my MX3 in high school, and have been driving it ever since. I have always lived in rural areas in the West and she handles beautifully on the back roads, even in the snow...I have taken her up Mt Hood many times. I take curves at the same speed as the rest of the highway (in good weather!) thanks to her Twin-Trapezoidal Link rear suspension. Maintenance has been minimal/normal: new brakes, clutch, window motor, distributor (twice), muffler (twice). I have even fit a full size ikea couch in that car, with the hatch closed! Cargo space is amazing for a car that gets 40 mpg in summer highway driving. Love this car.

Great car
By MCannon on 10/12/08 02:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Mazda MX-3 Hatchback 2dr Hatchback

I've had my car for about one year and it had 248000 miles on it and sat in my uncles drive 4 about a year in a half. After he gave it to me I took that car to hell and back. That little car took a beating and would not give up until I hit a deer and I still drove it home with a busted radiator. The car ended up having 270000 miles on it and seemed like it could of gone double that.

Best bang for Buck
By HondaKiller on 10/16/05 22:36 PM (PDT)

1992 Mazda MX-3 Hatchback 2dr Hatchback

I bought the car used last November for 600 bucks with 125,000 miles on the odometer. So far the only major things I had to replace was the distributor (300 bucks). and a stage 1 clutch ($195). I bought it with a vacuum leak so gas mileage is a little short, but still reasonable. I am mechanic so I can fix the problem when I can find the part. That's probably the only problem....finding parts. Tends to oversteer which is one of the best qualities of this car. Very fun to drive despite only having 90 HP.

Great cheap car
By 92mx3 on 02/28/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Mazda MX-3 Hatchback 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car for $500 it was stolen. It needed a clutch and cv's and a door hand and ignition lock cylinder. For $1000 total invested this thing is awsome. It is extremely fun to drive (I rally it on the way to work!) No torque steer. it actually handles like a rear wheel rive slight oversteer, which is fun I can get the rear to slide in corners like a rear drive. All this and it gets a consistant 30mpg. The only problem is that I am 6'4" and I have to duck to see stop lights. Extremely economical car. After fixing the initial parts I havent had a problem. 160000 miles on it now and it doesn't use any oil, smoke or leak anything.

I Love My Car
By N. Golden on 07/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Mazda MX-3 Hatchback 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car new 11 years ago and have had no problems with it other than normal wear and tear. Even with 214,000 miles, it is still extremely reliable and gets excellent gas mileage.

MX-3 just keeps on going
By Project RS-R on 11/25/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Mazda MX-3 Hatchback 2dr Hatchback

I purchased this car with 11 miles on it and 10 years and 165,000 miles later it is still going strong. I cannot complain about this little fun car. I wish Mazda would add it back to the line up cause I would get another one.