1992 Mazda MX-3 Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MX-3 model:
21 Years Old and Still a Beautiful Car
By dan_jefferies on 03/03/13 15:31 PM (PST)

1992 Mazda MX-3 Hatchback GS 2dr Hatchback

WOW! This is a great car. 33 mpg at 80 miles an hour with the 1.8 v6. Unbelievable deal I got. Love it. I did ding it a point on comfort. It's like a go cart on steroids, but I've gotten used to it. It has 275.000 miles and still goes 120+. I f you ever see one, buy the GS version.

My MX3
By katdee on 05/03/06 08:42 AM (PDT)

1992 Mazda MX-3 Hatchback GS 2dr Hatchback

I have a 1992 Mazda Mx3. Am going on having it 2 years now and the car is great! Right now is broke down for the FIRST time! Not sure what's wrong, has no spark to the coil. Anyhow, I love to drive it, handles great and is good on gas. I think it's a sporty looking little coupe, and I love to drive it. Am upset with it right now...is sitting until I get a mechanic to look at it.

The best car I've ever owned
By misty on 09/03/05 15:03 PM (PDT)

1992 Mazda MX-3 Hatchback GS 2dr Hatchback

I am currently driving my 3rd MX-3; the 1st one I still have and runs great. The second one was not properly taken care of before I got it so I traded for my current one. This is a truly exceptional car and I love driving it; it's fast, fun, sporty and great looking plus with the newly tragic gas prices it still only takes about $28 to fill up. It handles great and it's easy to do regular maintenance yourself. I love both of my MX-3s.

A great fun reliable little car!
By Andy on 12/26/04 14:30 PM (PST)

1992 Mazda MX-3 Hatchback GS 2dr Hatchback

In June of 1992 I took delivery on my Elegant Beige Auto V6 GS. Ive been driving the MX since with a grin on my face. The car featured a revolutionary engine for the time. It remains the only 1.8L V6 in existance. Although peak output shows up only north of 4000 RPM, power builds smoothly. If thats not enough for the enthusiast in you, you can pounce on the gas pedal and enjoy a frantic acceleration to 60+MPH in just under 8 seconds. Interior trim is clean and easy to navigate. Controls are within fingertip range and laid out very thoughtfully. Rear seats are functional and amazingly useful for children and (adults under 5'9") Trunk space is great for a small car.

Mazda MX-3 GS-R
By WyldSide on 09/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Mazda MX-3 Hatchback GS 2dr Hatchback

This car is a blast to drive after preforming it's 2.5L KLZE Engine swap. The engine is from a Japanese MS8. This combined with the Japanese computer gives the car better fuel efficiency than the stock motor. 0 - 60 miles/h acceleration takes approximately 6 seconds. This car also has some of the best handling I have ever seen in a small coupe.

Great little car
By Gigi B. on 04/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Mazda MX-3 Hatchback GS 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car used in 1993 with 24,000 miles on it. I'm still driving it and I've put 150,000 miles on it myself. GREAT GAS MILEAGE - I still get around 33 mpg on the interstate, and that's going around 75 mph with the A/C running wide open. Very nice design; I love the way it handles in the curves and the fact that I've got storage space in the hatch. Repair costs can be high ($500 for a distributor assembly) but once it's fixed, it stays fixed.

great car
By WAmx-3 on 10/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Mazda MX-3 Hatchback GS 2dr Hatchback

ive had my mx-3 for about a year and a half. and i can tell u its great. even though my brother screwed up some stuff in my engine that required 1000 dollars to fix, i still love my car. im going to drop a klze in it in about 4 months. I think i will keep this car until it dies. I cant say enough about this car.

It keeps going, and going, and going
By mjlohman on 07/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Mazda MX-3 Hatchback GS 2dr Hatchback

Had this car in Germany when I was stationed there. 143 mph certified, on the AUTOBAHN (not here in the US). Great mileage during my 2 and a half day trip from DC to western Montana just recently. 37 to a gallon using the cruise control. No rust, don't expect any, aluminum and galvinized. Still gets more attention than a friend's newer sports car, even thought it's technically an economy car.

awesome
By mattster on 01/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Mazda MX-3 Hatchback GS 2dr Hatchback

the mx-3 is a great car, very reliable and fun to drive with its sporty v6 engine!

good to look at
By FORMERmx-3owner on 11/01/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Mazda MX-3 Hatchback GS 2dr Hatchback

I loved my MX-3 until I started spending $500 for every repair about every month and a half (which started a couple of months after I bought it). TMV went down 50% in the year I owned it (I think everyone's mx-3s broke down within that year). A lot of little electrical problems. The car was perfect when I got it, but they're just getting old now and won't last for much longer if they're even still running at all. Good luck if you just bought one!