2006 Mazda MPV Consumer Review: Runs Great

2006 Mazda MPV - Consumer Review

LX Passenger Minivan (3.0L V6 5-speed Automatic)

Runs Great
By Camie on

2006 Mazda MPV LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Prior to purchasing the MPV I looked at the Honda as well as the Toyota and I considered a few things. Although the Honda and Toyota offered more power and size, #1 I realized itís not a race car and Iím not trying to give the entire world a ride. Bottom line it made more economical since to get the MPV. I purchased the LX loaded including the DVD system. The same options would hurt the pocketbook with the competitors. It looks great and very unique in a positive way. I constantly get comments on it. It runs really smooth but doesnít float. Iím not sure what the experts are looking for but it drives more like a car than a van. Adjustable second row makes in/out access easy.

The side role down windows, handles like a car, looks unique not van like, wireless DVD head sets, doors open on both sides, third row folds flat in to the floor, second row seat positioning is easy to use. It's a shame Mazda has given up on it.

If they could have made the gear shifting knob a little shorter would have been nice. Also, It would be more competitive with the Honda's and Toyota's if the space between the back seat and tailgate was about 4Ē to 6Ēs longer.