Used 2006 Mazda MPV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Mazda MPV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MPV model:

Stands out from the crowd
By slickdealer

2006 Mazda MPV LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've only owned this vehicle for 4 months but so far, it's been great. I love the size. It's not a tank (aka Odyssey/Sienna). I also like having a vehicle that isn't on every corner. The MPV really stands out from the crowd. Took it on a long trip this summer and it performed flawlessly. The interior doesn't have that cheap quality feel that some cars have. It feels solid.

The size is great. It has a relatively smooth ride. Removable 2nd row captains chairs. Radio/CD controls on the steering wheel are really nice. Roll-down 2nd row windows are cool (as are the dual sliding doors).

Considering its size, it doesn't get great gas mileage. Don't get me wrong, it's still decent. The shift handle on the steering column is bad! It blocks your view (and access) to other knobs on the middle panel. You can get around this by using steering wheel controls. V6 is on the weaker side.

Decent van for the price
By kazmojo

2006 Mazda MPV LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I had my eye on this van since I bought our last car several years ago. Mazda had built this generation MPV for 8 years or so, and so had plenty of time to work out any kinks. And it shows in terms of reliability and quality.

Steering wheel mounted stereo controls; dual zone climate control; roll down windows in sliding doors; easy to store third row; smooth V6; cabin air filter.

I'd sacrifice some of that power for better mileage (I don't think I've ever had to floor it); better design for moving between rows including foot operated emergency brake, removable armrests and seats that hug closer to the doors.

Love This Minivan
By stellabludream

2006 Mazda MPV ES 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Used to have SUVs and sedans; with 2 kids needed something bigger - OMG! a van! NO WAY I thought. Loved this one for style, features, price, not a gargantuan van. Drove Honda and Toyota too big and too pricey. This one is just right size for city and Handles like a dream! Everyone is happy now in this van. LOVE the dual sliding doors and section controled air. Never thought I'd say it but I just love this thing! Wish they would bring it back. The Mazda 5 is just too small for us with pets and relatives aboard.

Handling, leather seats, steering wheel stereo controls, sliding 2nd row, flip 3rd row, roof rack.

Great Van for the dollar.
By David Vega

2006 Mazda MPV LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

My wife and I thought we would never purchase a minivan. We both have SUVs, a Land Cruiser 95 and Land Rover Disco 97. Now we have a son, with the car seat in the back it is a little cramped. The person sitting next to the car set just doesn’t have room. Both SUVs have the 3 row sets still not comfortable. We look at all the vans only the MPV, Honda and Toyota were considered. Well, we got the MPV black sport with side air bags and rear air. No auto sliding doors. WOW great ride, excellent van. Acceleration. Drives like a car. Only got 7k on it so far. Only problem, at the port where the MPV came in, factory options are put in. During the roof rack install, screw installed wrong, leaked. New headliner required.

Design exterior, drives like a car. Excellent power and acceleration. Sliding left to right second row seat.

Bring it back. Rear heat. Do not put side air back in seats. Can't use seat covers as easy. Brighter dim lights.

You Can Get Em Cheap
By tabbss

2006 Mazda MPV LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

My wife needed a minivan and didn't want the minivan looks. We rented a MPV and liked it. We test drove the Quest and Sedona. Both of those had interior parts fall off during our test drives. Saw a new MPV in an ad at a local dealer for $15,488. Heavy rebates and dealer took off another $1K for Mazda financing. Can't beat the price and runs great. The dealers want to get rid of these so you can get them for a steal if you can find them.

Not as big as others, good gas mileage and low price. Side windows roll down. Great brakes.

Not as many safety features as newer model minivans.