2006 Mazda MPV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MPV model:
Initial Delivery Quality questionable
By E. Lin on 09/30/06 15:07 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda MPV LX-SV 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Within 24 hours of MPV delivery by dealer, the "check engine" light went on. A defective/damaged fuel cap was the cause. Other than that, it is fun to drive this MPV. Engine is powerful but acceleration is not linear. Price is attractive, $17K out to door for LX-SV, probably because this is the last model year.

Extremely Pleased
By PJ on 08/16/06 21:31 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda MPV LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this minivan for my business and was so impressed with the ride, gas mileage and features, that we took it on vacation for 10 days. It doesn't ride like a minivan. It rides like a car. The standard stereo and CD with steering wheel controls is excellent. I test drove a 2005 Kia Sedona and found the Mazda MPV to be more quiet, smooth and stable. Don't overlook this one!

Love it!
By rgattic on 08/14/06 12:53 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda MPV LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

By far the best looking and most fun to drive minivan. Great for road trips too. Surprising amount of features and storage for small nimble size.

Great minivan
By Jeff on 08/07/06 04:09 AM (PDT)

2006 Mazda MPV ES 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

The MPV is everything I had expected in a minivan and the price was also very good. The only thing I would change on the vehicle would be the leg room. When you have a baby carrier in it you have the keep the front seats up closer to the steering wheel and this is hard on tall people. So you are not comfortable when you drive, especially long distances.

New computer after 300 miles!
By Michelle on 08/01/06 18:21 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda MPV LX-SV 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased car this month and after 300 miles, the computer went out and left us stranded in the middle of 5 lanes of traffic...sideways! Dealer very helpful and gave us a loaner car and replaced computer in less than a week. Very happy customer with this dealership. When accelerating from a stop, sometimes...sometimes...it feels like power is not constant. Almost like driving a turbo with turbo lag.

Mazda 06
By mazda06 on 07/21/06 17:49 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda MPV LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

We liked the Sienna LE okay but didn't care for its almost $29,000 price tag. Saw an advertisement in the paper, Mazda MPV LX 2006 for $16,397. Called the dealer, confirmed the price, got the color and stock number and went to pick up the car. No hassle negotiating! The Mazda was about $7500 off MSRP. Have been driving almost a month now and love every minute of it.

The greatest vehicle EVER
By Alotaluv on 06/16/06 21:27 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda MPV LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

When I went shopping for a new automobile, I was convinced that an SUV was right for me. That was until I drove a MPV. When Mazda says it has the soul of a sports car, they mean it. With better fuel economy that SUV's of comparable size, pick up better than most sedans and enough room to fit a love seat in the back, the MPV is the GREATEST automobile I have EVER had the pleasure of purchasing.

Runs Great
By Camie on 06/05/06 13:46 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda MPV LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Prior to purchasing the MPV I looked at the Honda as well as the Toyota and I considered a few things. Although the Honda and Toyota offered more power and size, #1 I realized itís not a race car and Iím not trying to give the entire world a ride. Bottom line it made more economical since to get the MPV. I purchased the LX loaded including the DVD system. The same options would hurt the pocketbook with the competitors. It looks great and very unique in a positive way. I constantly get comments on it. It runs really smooth but doesnít float. Iím not sure what the experts are looking for but it drives more like a car than a van. Adjustable second row makes in/out access easy.

I really like this van
By verne5 on 05/09/06 12:12 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda MPV ES 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I really love driving this van. It drives like a car and I get comments on it all the time. The power thing has never been a problem, if fact I think it has plenty of power. The tranny problem was fixed right away and has yet to be an issue since (programming error in control module). I'm glad I got it loaded, and we paid quite a bit less than invoice with add ons. I'm disappointed they are going to stop making this van. I would definitely buy another.

Nice, Very Nice
By Family Guy on 04/28/06 09:27 AM (PDT)

2006 Mazda MPV ES 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

To me this vehicle represented a great deal. I wanted a Japanese made minivan since they last longer than other brands. I shopped price and options. Honda, Toyota, and Nissan, all had nice vans, but they would not move on price. Well Honda and Toyota were pretty much firm, Nissan came down a bit, but Mazda will give the best deal. My guess is the other vans are a bit larger so they are in more demand. Heck, this vehicle is loaded and I saved at least $10K as compared to the other brands. My 4 year old loves it.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.