Used 2006 Mazda MPV ES Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Mazda Mpv - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MPV model:

Love This Minivan
By stellabludream

2006 Mazda MPV Minivan ES 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Used to have SUVs and sedans; with 2 kids needed something bigger - OMG! a van! NO WAY I thought. Loved this one for style, features, price, not a gargantuan van. Drove Honda and Toyota too big and too pricey. This one is just right size for city and Handles like a dream! Everyone is happy now in this van. LOVE the dual sliding doors and section controled air. Never thought I'd say it but I just love this thing! Wish they would bring it back. The Mazda 5 is just too small for us with pets and relatives aboard.

Favorite Features

Handling, leather seats, steering wheel stereo controls, sliding 2nd row, flip 3rd row, roof rack.

Great minivan
By Jeff

2006 Mazda MPV Minivan ES 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

The MPV is everything I had expected in a minivan and the price was also very good. The only thing I would change on the vehicle would be the leg room. When you have a baby carrier in it you have the keep the front seats up closer to the steering wheel and this is hard on tall people. So you are not comfortable when you drive, especially long distances.

Favorite Features

The automatic side doors and open by press of a button on your key remote.

Suggested Improvements

More leg room for the front seats, and possibly doing something different with the removable seats in the second row. Not that easy to take out or put back in. Very taxing on the back.

I really like this van
By verne5

2006 Mazda MPV Minivan ES 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I really love driving this van. It drives like a car and I get comments on it all the time. The power thing has never been a problem, if fact I think it has plenty of power. The tranny problem was fixed right away and has yet to be an issue since (programming error in control module). I'm glad I got it loaded, and we paid quite a bit less than invoice with add ons. I'm disappointed they are going to stop making this van. I would definitely buy another.

Favorite Features

Handling, looks, visibility ( I'm over 6').

Suggested Improvements

Should come with a covering for the second row seat slide opening which gets dirty real easily.

Nice, Very Nice
By Family Guy

2006 Mazda MPV Minivan ES 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

To me this vehicle represented a great deal. I wanted a Japanese made minivan since they last longer than other brands. I shopped price and options. Honda, Toyota, and Nissan, all had nice vans, but they would not move on price. Well Honda and Toyota were pretty much firm, Nissan came down a bit, but Mazda will give the best deal. My guess is the other vans are a bit larger so they are in more demand. Heck, this vehicle is loaded and I saved at least $10K as compared to the other brands. My 4 year old loves it.

Favorite Features

Dual sliding doors, power roof, rear heat, rear AC, 6 disk in dash changer, DVD player, and leather seats. My 4 year old can listen to the movie on the DVD player with her wireless head phones and I get to still listen to the radio. Either brand you choose, make sure you get that option.

Suggested Improvements

More zoom zoom, move the shifter from in front of the radio. I have to move to see the time.

Great Minivan
By Lee

2006 Mazda MPV Minivan ES 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Loaded with features at an awesome price. 17" wheels, leather, moonroof, 6 disc CD changer, dual air, roll down rear windows, power sliding doors, and more. My gas mileage on the highway has been 26.5 mpg consistently. It is garageable in a single car garage.

Favorite Features

Looks, roll down windows in sliding doors, power sliding doors, and the leather seats.

Suggested Improvements

A more ergonomic design for the gear selector. It is in front of the radio volume control when in drive. I guess I'm just picky since there are volume controls on the steering wheel also.