2006 Mazda MPV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MPV model:
Very Good but We Needed More Luxury
By mercuryhater on 07/21/14 12:07 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda MPV LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Never had one repair done to this Mazda. We came from a fully loaded 99' Blazer LT we needed a car fast and we got this the V6 was nice the transmission was also good. the worst thing was the windows weren't tinted and the car was awful in the snow the 3rd row was like a board of wood with microfiber on it. the front windshield was huge and the dashboard glared off of it.traded for a mountaineer but that you can read about in my other review which was traded for a 2008 Subaru Tribeca Limited w/NAV

powertrain dies at 59K/6yrs
By aknight on 12/24/12 22:52 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda MPV LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Auto-transmission broke down at 59K, 6 yrs: back and forth between gear 1 and 2. Had to get a tow. Am the first owner. Was having hard-shift right after the purchase. Mazda's attitude: hard-shift not reproducible, cannot fix. Seeing so many other MPV owners' complaints on transmission problems, hard to believe Mazda not facing MPV transmission issue honestly. Transmission breaking down is estimated to cost $4K to fix/replace.

More than satisfied
By more than satisfied on 06/09/10 20:44 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda MPV LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this car private party, 2 years old with 9500 miles. Two and a half years later we have 43K miles with absolutely no repairs. Replaced the factory tires with 90K Goodyears and they are fantastic. This car has met or exceeded my expectations in every way.

Was Not Happy
By brandij on 02/17/09 11:19 AM (PST)

2006 Mazda MPV LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Well my mom had purchased this van a year prior with a new kid on the way I was excited to be a minivan owner. It was a really late night when they do those crazy specials at midnight!? I didn't test drive it because I've been driving my moms for quite some time, got it home to notice that our van had NO REAR AIR!!! I couldn't believe they made vans without it! My moms came standard with it, didn't realize it was missing til the next morning when it was freezing cold taking our 2 young kids out!! I've had to put fans in the back to just get by in the summer. It is brutal. I was very upset that the sales people sold it they had to know!! will never go back again!!!

Stands out from the crowd
By slickdealer on 08/15/08 12:02 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda MPV LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've only owned this vehicle for 4 months but so far, it's been great. I love the size. It's not a tank (aka Odyssey/Sienna). I also like having a vehicle that isn't on every corner. The MPV really stands out from the crowd. Took it on a long trip this summer and it performed flawlessly. The interior doesn't have that cheap quality feel that some cars have. It feels solid.

Decent van for the price
By kazmojo on 02/20/08 13:27 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda MPV LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I had my eye on this van since I bought our last car several years ago. Mazda had built this generation MPV for 8 years or so, and so had plenty of time to work out any kinks. And it shows in terms of reliability and quality.

Great Van for the dollar.
By David Vega on 01/04/07 10:29 AM (PST)

2006 Mazda MPV LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

My wife and I thought we would never purchase a minivan. We both have SUVs, a Land Cruiser 95 and Land Rover Disco 97. Now we have a son, with the car seat in the back it is a little cramped. The person sitting next to the car set just doesnÂ’t have room. Both SUVs have the 3 row sets still not comfortable. We look at all the vans only the MPV, Honda and Toyota were considered. Well, we got the MPV black sport with side air bags and rear air. No auto sliding doors. WOW great ride, excellent van. Acceleration. Drives like a car. Only got 7k on it so far. Only problem, at the port where the MPV came in, factory options are put in. During the roof rack install, screw installed wrong, leaked. New headliner required.

You Can Get Em Cheap
By tabbss on 11/03/06 08:34 AM (PST)

2006 Mazda MPV LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

My wife needed a minivan and didn't want the minivan looks. We rented a MPV and liked it. We test drove the Quest and Sedona. Both of those had interior parts fall off during our test drives. Saw a new MPV in an ad at a local dealer for $15,488. Heavy rebates and dealer took off another $1K for Mazda financing. Can't beat the price and runs great. The dealers want to get rid of these so you can get them for a steal if you can find them.

Extremely Pleased
By PJ on 08/16/06 21:31 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda MPV LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this minivan for my business and was so impressed with the ride, gas mileage and features, that we took it on vacation for 10 days. It doesn't ride like a minivan. It rides like a car. The standard stereo and CD with steering wheel controls is excellent. I test drove a 2005 Kia Sedona and found the Mazda MPV to be more quiet, smooth and stable. Don't overlook this one!

Love it!
By rgattic on 08/14/06 12:53 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda MPV LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

By far the best looking and most fun to drive minivan. Great for road trips too. Surprising amount of features and storage for small nimble size.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.