2005 Mazda MPV Consumer Review: 2005 MPV

2005 Mazda MPV - Consumer Review

ES Passenger Minivan (3.0L V6 5-speed Automatic)

2005 MPV
By dav mc on

2005 Mazda MPV ES 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Our 2004 Odyssey was totaled by another driver. The MPV was the best value for the features. It drives better than our Honda and looks much sportier. We were able to get it for 36 dollars under invoice, then the dealer took off $4000 in rebates. They even delivered it to me and signed the paper work on my kitchen table. This is my 3rd vehicle purchase through the internet and all have been great. I actually enjoy driving this van although it is my wife's. If you are a smaller adult (under 6 foot and under 200 #s) the seats will fit you better than the domestic vans. We have only had it a few weeks, but love it so far.

Looks sporty, great sound system, the controls on the steering wheel light up so you don't have to guess at the buttons. Drives more like a car with little body roll. Nice finish on the inside and the leather is nice. Very quiet with little wind noise or engine noise. Great warranty, road side.

Move the shifter off the steering column to the center like the Honda. Have the bench fold flat without removing the head rest. Home link should be standard in the ES model. More comprehensive trip computer to give current mileage and distance to empty.