2005 Mazda MPV Consumer Review: MPV - The less known superstar

2005 Mazda MPV - Consumer Review

LX Passenger Minivan (3.0L V6 5-speed Automatic)

MPV - The less known superstar
By Tom Zachariah on

2005 Mazda MPV LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought an MPV about the same time that my brother bought a Sienna. At the time of buying my MPV, the only reason for me buying was that I was getting a good deal from my dealer. But after I bought my van and also experienced the Sienna (also considering what my brother paid for it), MPV is just excellent value for money. It has everything (even more) that a Sienna has to offer. We think MPV is better in driving experience and over all styling but lacks in leg room for the second row and engine noise. If Mazda can make it quieter, MPV is the best considering what you pay for it. My family is all happy for the choice we made and will recommend it to anyone with a small budget & small family.

Styling, power, handling, interior designing, volume control on steering, small sized, stands tall -- feels more like driving an SUV. Does not give the minivan feel. Best for smaller families. PRICE -- best price package in the market.

Make the second row a bit more roomier. Give separate AC controls for both second and third rows. Make the van more sound proof. (especially noise from the engine). Market your product better --- Mazda has a gem here but is less know to the world.