2005 Mazda MPV Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MPV model:
28.9 mpg on first tank of gas
By jat on 05/12/05 20:01 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda MPV Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

First tank was 28.9 mpg highway miles from Ohio to West Virginia. Going from a SUV to a van I thought I would be disappointed. The van was great and handled well.

Easy to Drive and fits in my garage
By jkons on 04/07/05 18:26 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda MPV Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This car handles beautifully (drives like a car), very smooth ride, has very comfortable seating, good view of the road, has a nice look and fits in our garage. We can't wait to take it on a long trip.

Highly Regarded
By Mary on 04/06/05 16:25 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda MPV Minivan ES 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

You'll love to drive this! My husband even likes to drive it, and he's picky.

Good value
By sth on 03/29/05 19:05 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda MPV Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Hauls both people and cargo quite well, Lots of storage areas, drink holders. A good value for everyday driving, work or play.

This is a quality ride.
By Jack Bledsoe on 03/28/05 02:27 AM (PST)

2005 Mazda MPV Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This vehicle is just comfortable in the extreme. It is easy to drive, and drives like a regular car, not like a truck. It has given reasonable gas mileage and has required only normal maintenance.This is our fourth Mazda; they have all given us 100,000 plus miles of reliable service so as you might expect we are PLEASED.

Why Pay More for Honda and Toyota
By Justin Owens on 03/26/05 16:15 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda MPV Minivan ES 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have only had this van for a month, but with all the features the MPV has, why pay more for the Honda or Toyota? We purchased the ES, with everything on it. It has leather, DVD, moonroof, power doors -- it's loaded. Sticker on this MPV was $32,190, but after using S-plan and rebates we only paid $26,718. This saved me almost $10,000 compared to the Honda and Toyota equipped the same. The only thing you lose with the MPV is the room. It is smaller than the others, but it feels more like a car than a van. I have not had any of the issues stated by the editors review. The MPV is a great value and fun to drive, plus you don't see these at every stop light like you do the Honda and Toyota.

Mazda MPV
By Patty Barnes on 03/22/05 16:44 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda MPV Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

My Mazda MPV van is just the perfect size for my husband and me. There is room for his wheelchair, groceries, our grandchildren, the dog or the 2 cradles we just brought home. The seats are comfortable, and he can lay back and rest while I'm driving. There is plenty of room to stretch out and carry lots of luggage when going on a trip but it's small enough to zip through traffic.

Great Minivan!
By Loren Hanson on 03/18/05 13:31 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda MPV Minivan ES 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I was amazed at the excellent engine performance. The ride is great and the turning radius is almost as good as my Focus. It is by far, in my opinion, the best looking minivan. We use it for golf every week and it's a perfect size for us. We have no complaints and feel that we got the right vehicle for us.

Kim's MPV
By Kim on 03/12/05 20:28 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda MPV Minivan ES 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I absolutely enjoy driving my MPV. With the features of DVD, sunroof, and leather seating, it is comfortable, stylish, and the kids enjoy the space and DVD player. I absolutely love taking road trips now and with the back folding seats and roll down back windows the kids enjoy that too. Great car for anyone!

great package
By william montgomery on 03/04/05 01:39 AM (PST)

2005 Mazda MPV Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Being an older couple with the desire to have a van and not be burdened by difficult driving with a large vehicle, the MPV we have is perfect. It can handle our family needs and is a pleasure to drive and park in our city environment. The external update for 2004 is really neat. Just enough "sass" to make it interesting.