2005 Mazda MPV Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MPV model:
I love my new MPV!
By New MPV Owner on 10/04/05 00:09 AM (PDT)

2005 Mazda MPV Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I love the sporty look of MPV and it's so much fun to drive. Much safer than an SUV and it doesn't look like a "Mommy Mobile."

Great looking, Great value!
By Bjorn on 09/23/05 18:17 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda MPV Minivan ES 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this van a month ago and we have been very pleased with our purchase. We needed a more compact van to fit in our small garage spot. Despite its compact size, the MPV still has a very practical interior compared to an SUV. Fold the third row and remove the two middle seats and this baby will swallow anything. We got an ES with leather, sunroof and power doors for $24K. Comparable Toyota and Honda models would have cost thousands more. We've even gotten a few compliments from the neighbors about the looks of the car! On the downside, the interior is definitely due for a redesign, and the motor is not as powerful or refined as the latest offerings from Honda or Toyota.

Very Happy ... So Far
By Vic on 09/05/05 16:57 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda MPV Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

We've had our MPV for almost 3 months. So far we're more than happy with it. The ride is comfortable and car like. Its tidy dimensions, compared to rivals from Honda and Toyota, are a plus to our family of 4. The sliding rear doors are a blessing, since our 3 year old doesn't know the meaning of "slowly" or "gently" when opening his door. As far as reliability goes, so far, so good. 2 1/2 months is a little too early to make a judgment. Let's see how things go in the next 4 years. As I said, the MPV's smaller size is a plus for us. However, if you feel "bigger is better" in terms of cargo and passenger space, then an Odyssey or Sienna would be a better choice.

A True "Minivan" that's fun to drive
By cope1 on 08/31/05 18:26 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda MPV Minivan ES 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

We bought the MPV because of it's smaller size and firm ride. It handles almost like our 2002 Camry and is just as easy to park. The build quality is the best I have had in many years; even better than our 2002 Camry. Fit & finish are excellent. I would always like more power; but remembering the old 4 cylinder. minivans, the MPV has plenty. The MPV's acceleration seems to be on a par with my heavier 1999 Explorer V8. Braking is very good. Admittedly it's not as large as most of it's competitors; but larger isn't always better.

I'm Sold!
By C. Wells on 08/28/05 00:11 AM (PDT)

2005 Mazda MPV Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I just bought this vehicle about 2 weeks ago, and I LOVE it. Test drove Toyota, Ford, etc., and I kept telling my husband that they made me feel like a domestic slave (mom taxi). When I got into the Mazda, though,I feel like a DOMESTIC GODDESS! If you don't look back (and with that great view through the sunroof, who needs to?), you'd never know you were driving a minivan. I am absolutely thrilled!

It's really nice but could be great...
By Aaron Strasswimmer on 08/18/05 21:14 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda MPV Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

My wife and I shopped for a minivan for over a year. We needed more seating space than our Saturn VUE provided us. We didn't want to get a van that was oversized so we focused on the MPV, Kia, Caravan and even considered the new Saturn Relay. After driving them we decided on the Mazda by a landslide. We've taken it on a few trips now and it is very comfortable. I really can't tell why Edmunds says "clunky transmission." I haven't found it to be that way at all. We would recommend it to anyone looking for seating of up to six regularly.

Better Than A Caravan
By Joel from IL on 08/17/05 05:07 AM (PDT)

2005 Mazda MPV Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I test drove many makes of minivans. The Mazda was the most versatile for seating except for the Dodge. It has the easy folding rear seat. The standard captain's seats also pull together for more room to access the back. What sold me, though, is the car- like handling. The engine and tranny are silky smooth, and there's more than enough acceleration. The fit and finish of the body and interior parts are phenomenal. Definitely better than any domestic make I've ever owned. I'm hoping to have many happy years of driving the MPV. At 37 yrs old, I still have some youth left in me. Oh, I must say there will be no more Chrysler products in my name.

Great Mini Van for the Money
By Karen on 07/28/05 15:23 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda MPV Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Have had our Madza MPV about 4 weeks now. We had a Subaru Legacy Wagon, and really liked it. Decided to take the plunge and trade it in for a mini van. Had been casually looking for some time, but the Honda Odyssey, Nissan Sentra, and the Toyota Sienna seemed a little bit pricey. Stumbled upon the Mazda MPV and were pleasantly surprised at how nice it was. Has great pick-up, drives like a car, and has lots of room. We have 2 kids and just needed more room. This was the perfect solution for us! So far, no problems at all! Great vehicle!!!

Fun to Drive and Rear Windows
By Buffy on 07/25/05 14:44 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda MPV Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is one fun Mini-van to drive. Our first long distance trip was a breeze. My husband loved the way it drove and looks forward to our next trip. (28 mpg highway) The kids love the rear windows and all the cup holders. I love that it's not huge and fits in our carport just like our former Mazda 626.

soccer mom has never had so much fun
By kirk on 06/24/05 19:47 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda MPV Minivan ES 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I'm only 12 and my mom and I were not very happy about the idea of a minivan. My dad told us to see if we liked the Mazda and we did. The power and and style of it are great. My mom and I have both think this is the coolest minivan there is. Lots of power makes a mom in a Yukon turn red.