2004 Mazda MPV Consumer Review: Van for Young at Heart

2004 Mazda MPV - Consumer Review

Van for Young at Heart
By BRIAN KIRBY on

2004 Mazda MPV LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this van for my wife for Christmas '04. She was against a minivan, except for a Mazda. We both agreed that it is the only van that looks even somewhat sporty. We have had NO problems with it of any kind. The only thing that can be annoying is the stiffer than normal ride. I can still deal with it though. It just mostly rattles change and other items stored in its many compartments. I am very pleased with the quality and value this van has provided. Definitely the best vehicle I have owned. Very smooth engine. Quick and sporty without a minivan sway and feel of bulk. Fuel mileage on the highway is actually better than my 2000 Ford Focus. The 5 speed auto helps keep revs down. GREAT VAN.

Favorite Features

17" wheels look great. Very sporty looking front end. Handling is excellent. "Disappearing" rear seat cup holders - lots of 'em. Rear A/C controls. Steering wheel radio controls. Nice gauges.

Suggested Improvements

Smoother ride. Better horn. Fold-in-floor mid-row seats. More power (who has enough in a minivan?). Rear HEAT controls.