Used 2004 Mazda MPV Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Mazda Mpv - Consumer Reviews

2004 Mazda MPV Minivan

View reviews for a specific MPV model:

Most Helpful|
Great van overall
By haile

2004 Mazda MPV Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have 3 kids. This van is a perfect choice. The price to own is the best on the market. The extended warranty from Mazda up to 100,000 miles is very reasonable and it gives you peace of mind.

Favorite Features

Rear outlet for A/C and heat. Seating and interior layout is very smart and convenient.

Suggested Improvements

The gear shift handle is a bit too long. It blocks the AC and radio controls. H-rated tires make the ride a little stiff. I wish Mazda had put S or T rated tires on instead.

Mazda fun
By engtech

2004 Mazda MPV Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought the MPV bucause it was the best value of all others in the class. Love the extras. Good ride and power. I have had a Mazda for 12 years and have had good luck with them all the way. It is nice to see a Japanese car without the high price.

Favorite Features

Radio, 6 disc cd, towing, and power.

Suggested Improvements

Move muffler when tow package is put in. It hits the hitch on a sharp right turn.

Worst product ever presented
By Gabriel

2004 Mazda MPV Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

My wife and I purchased this vehicle roughly two years ago. This vehicle has been in the shop 6 times since we purchased it. It has a broken catalytic converter, bad fuel injectors, bad wheel bearing, bad water pump, bad transmission, bad transmission mounts, bad engine mounts. This list goes on and on. We've put over $8000 in this car that isn't even worth $3000. It has been the worst investment that we've ever made in our 24 years of existence. I hope that they're able to remedy these problems because I can't believe that these cars are even on the road.

Favorite Features

It can hold myself, my wife, and three children. That's it.

Suggested Improvements

Everything need to be revamped.

Excellent minivan
By TDB

2004 Mazda MPV Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased this '04 about a month ago. Have put 2000 miles on with a recent 1000 mile trip. Good comfort for all 5 passengers. Averaged 23.5 mpg fully loaded with roof cargo carrier in place. This was at speeds between 70-75 mph in some headwinds on the return trip. A more refined van than our Grand Caravan; it does have a little less interior space. Excellent drivetrain and much better ride and interior noise levels. The fold into the floor rear seat is great.

Favorite Features

Drivetrain, CD player, exterior looks.

Suggested Improvements

Slightly more interior room.

Loved this Van
By rose74

2004 Mazda MPV Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I never had much wrong with my mazda mpv. I drove it for almost 8 yrs. It only had alittle over 100,000 miles on it. I replaced all my coil packs, vacum hose, and brakes. it ran as smoothe as it did the day I bought it. I was in an accident and they totaled it. I looked for another one but none close to me. I like my other van now but miss my Mazda Alot.