2004 Mazda MPV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MPV model:
Gear Shift
By FosterBears3 on 08/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda MPV ES 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

We bought this van a month ago and we love it - the only thing that I see as a problem is that the gear shift is too big and the windshield wipers shift is on the same side. The gear shift should be smaller and the windshield wiper shift should be on the side where the lights are. Other than that it is a great van and would highly recommend it.

2004 Mazda MPV LX
By tomballmusic on 08/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda MPV LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is our second MPV and this one is great. I like the electric doors, rearview mirror that darkens, DVD, and this one gets better gas mileage than our 2001 did. We've been getting 22 mpg in town driving. It's quiet and rides nicely.

Perfect for us
By fonorow on 08/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda MPV ES 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Excellent car like ride vs. bus like Odyssey test drive.

Happy so far
By Familyoffour on 08/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda MPV LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Just bought an MPV. Great value/features for the price. We have an LX with the LX Plus package, traction control, side airbags, roof rack and power side doors. Love the look of it. Adequate power and very quiet inside. We like the overall size, although there could be a little more leg room in the 2nd row. The fact that the gearshift blocks the radio isn't good but is offset somewhat by the steering wheel controls. Parking brake shouldn't be on the floor, it blocks access to the rear. Full removeable center console would be nice. Transmission a little clunky switching from 1st to 2nd. We are very happy with it so far.

A great little minivan
By SydKenMom on 08/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda MPV LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This minivan is a great vehicle for small families--we have 2 kids and it fits us and all of our stuff very nicely! It's not too big & drives like a car!! It's priced well for our tight budget!

great van, great price
By eureka001 on 08/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda MPV ES 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I pondered a while about which minivan to purchase and test drove Odyssey, Sienna and MPV. In the end I decided on MPV because of its size and its cost. MPV's size is just right - can fit a lot of stuff, but handling and parking is like that of a sedan. We had this van for a few weeks and it's been great. It really is fun to drive. My wife, who was very worried about driving a minivan is perfectly comfortable with it now. So far I didn't notice any problems with the car (like mentioned missed gear shifts). Finally, it is 3-4 K cheaper to comparably equipped Odyssey!

MPV is nearly perfect
By John C. Pratt on 07/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda MPV LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

The MPV is by far the sexiest minivan on the road, and it has plenty of room in all rows. The controls are awesome, and the shift lever over the air conditioning is not a problem. Acceleration is great even with only 200 HP. I wouldn't say it corners like a car, but it does corner well and takes bumps with hardly a twitch that make my Nissan Sentra shudder. The controls on the steering wheel are fabulous and the wheel itself is very comfortable to hold. See Favorite Features below for more compliments. My main gripe: mileage is 15/21, although I'm still tweaking the tire pressure.

Good value for the money
By SnapRolls on 07/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda MPV LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I was looking for a replacement for my 1994 Miata as my primary vehicle. Looked at sedans, SUVs, and minivans and decided the MPV offered the most bang for the buck. It drove nice, was quiet, had good fit and finish, and the LX with the LX Upgrade package, traction control, and the 4 seasons package had everything I wanted. I'm 6 feet tall and the van had plenty of creature comforts for me. My garage is small but the MPV's "footprint" is actually smaller than some sedans. The seats are very versatile and I can handle them 'by myself'... which was important as a single female.

i love this car
By trenticon on 07/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda MPV LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I just bought a Mazda MVP two days ago. The one I bought was New. This car is great. I love it, my wife loves it, and my child thinks it's cool. I told my mother this is the best thing I've ever owned except my house. Two big thumbs up

Great MiniVan
By Walker Family on 07/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

We are young Parents and the Mpv has the sporty looks with the family Features