2004 Mazda MPV Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MPV model:
The MPV works well with our family
By tmra2ree on 01/19/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mazda MPV Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

We bought our MPV to replace a 1994 Toyota Camry 7 passenger wagon. The MPV has been superior in every respect: comfort, handling, fuel economy, ease of ingress/egress, fun factor, etc. Our average mileage is 20-21 mpg in combination city/highway driving. So far, after nearly 15000 miles, the only visits to the dealership have been for scheduled maintenance.

Great Van For the Value
By mommyof3 on 01/18/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mazda MPV Minivan ES 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

My husband and I love this van! We have the ES model that has leather which is great for clean-ups w/the little ones. Drives very smoothly. Very fun to drive. 0% financing was also a great deal. Not as roomy as other vans, but works well enough for us.

3rd Van I have owned and the best one.
By patmario on 12/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mazda MPV Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Wonderful quite and smooth ride. Good overall interior design. Firm, very confortable driver's seat for long rides.

great minivan, not so great engine.
By migyride on 12/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mazda MPV Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have the lx version with all kinds of upgrades.The van is well balanced as far as control and comfort are concerned.the one weakness of this van is the loud under-horse powered engine. the engine is adequate but thats about it. It growls and sounds like its always working too hard,also the gear shifter should be repositioned. Everything else about the van is an exceptionally superb deal.wish they had engine options, or a mazda built not ford built engine.

We Love It!!
By NCPluckers on 12/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mazda MPV Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Our title says it all. We love this van! It is our first minivan and we were aprehensive about even getting one but the addition of our 4th child made it necessary. It drives like a car and is very comfortable on long trips. We just wish it came with a DVD/TV for the kids.

Love the Zoom-Zoom of this Minivan
By Ary Arifin on 12/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mazda MPV Minivan ES 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

When I first heard the term "Body of a Minivan, Soul of a Sports Car" I was quite sceptical, 'til I test drove it. I tried the Sienna and Oddysey, but the MPV really had the bargain I was looking for. For the price of a somewhat "middle class" Sienna, I can get an MPV that's fully loaded, and I mean the works,leather, traction ctrl, sunroof.. everything! Handling is awesome. The V6 is strong & it's as zippy as my Golf GTI, but less problematic =). I found out that the MPV is the only minivan here today made in Japan (the rest are US made) it has great resale value too. Truly a sports car disguised as a minivan.

Just Love my New MPV!!
By George F on 12/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mazda MPV Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

An excellent value, the added Sports Package lends to a less "Soccer- Mommish" appearance. Great handling, the smoothest ride, seven passengers very comfortably. Removable second row bucket seats and fold down third row seat are fantastic, makes for an easy transition. Plenty of cargo room, not notably less roomier than competitors which I have rented in the past. Sleek interior with great sound system and 6 CD player. Overall a real delight so far, and the dealership bent over backwards for me. Great price and a great value, someone actually asked me the other day, "Would you mind moving your silver Mercedes??", and I answered, that "M" stands for Mazda!!

Mazda MPV - foreign car driving
By Konrad on 12/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mazda MPV Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This van drives and handles like a car. Very good acceleration and feeling of roominess inspite of smaller size gives you confidence that its size is just right. You simply do not need more.

Great Bang for the Buck
By tlauro on 11/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mazda MPV Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Our MPV has been great. We saw it as the best blend of performance, handling, styling and utility available for the money. The only issues thus far have been a 'jerking' in the transmission on occasion. My understanding is that Mazda is aware and that there is a fix. We just have to bring it in. Overall, no major complaints. Build quality is excellent. No rattles or squeaks even!

ZOOOM ZOOM Zooom
By Ichibon on 11/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mazda MPV Minivan ES 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

The Vehicle Is Tight"" No Rattles. Has Wondeful Road Feel. Shifts A Little Iffy When starting Out In O/D. Drove It From NYC Brooklyn, To Las Vegas NV.{Brand New 4 Miles On Odometer} Drivers Seat a Little Pain On Right Hip While Driving, Possibly Seat And Seat Belt Position. {Drove On Average 800 Miles Per Day}