Used 2004 Mazda MPV Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Mazda MPV Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MPV model:

Good value for the money
By SnapRolls

2004 Mazda MPV Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I was looking for a replacement for my 1994 Miata as my primary vehicle. Looked at sedans, SUVs, and minivans and decided the MPV offered the most bang for the buck. It drove nice, was quiet, had good fit and finish, and the LX with the LX Upgrade package, traction control, and the 4 seasons package had everything I wanted. I'm 6 feet tall and the van had plenty of creature comforts for me. My garage is small but the MPV's "footprint" is actually smaller than some sedans. The seats are very versatile and I can handle them 'by myself'... which was important as a single female.

Smooth transmission and everything I need at my fingertips. The air conditioner cools it down in notime... hope the heater works as well in the winter time.

I wish they would make a commuter version... dump the 3rd row kiddie seat and put in some nice big seats in the back. A 4 seater that has "living room" for the occupants.

Great MiniVan
By Walker Family

We are young Parents and the Mpv has the sporty looks with the family Features

Power sliding doors, windows in the sliding doors go down, 2nd row seat adjust forward and back and side to side

Like everyone else the shift lever needs to be moved blocks radio volume controls

Mazda MPV has the soul of a sporty sedan
By Formose Pereira

2004 Mazda MPV Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Its the best compact Minivan that I have driven and for a growing family of upto 8-10 year olds ,this vehicle is ideal.You may need to upgrade the quality of the Music system.

Stability ,Suspension ,Road Holding Characteristics ,Torquey Transmission and a feeling of safety .

Music system ,more space

Great Ride
By jwgprogolf

2004 Mazda MPV Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

MPV has a great feel when on the highway. Excellant pick-up when proceeding from a stop position.

Hidden third seat

Center console

Educated on Minivans! ~ Mazda MPV ~
By Greentrk

2004 Mazda MPV Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

We 24 hour test drove ALL of the 2004 minivans available in our area. Toyota, Honda and Mazda were top ranking for us. The toyotas and hondas were very hard to find, as they are popular this year. The Nissan was a good van, but the queer interior was too much to get past. We eventually chose the Mazda MPV based on reliability, price and our test drive. We were overall more satisfied with the Mazda. Visabilty is much better that all the others and the overall drive was pleasing. We relied heavily on the Consumer Reports ratings for reliability. If you are "on the fence" we would definately recommend the Mazda MPV. Good Luck!

Side sliding middle row seat (works well when using child safety seats), Middle door windows retract, Visability while driving, flat folding rear seat.

More bag hooks in rear well, Tether and Anchor for child safety seats in all 3 position on rear seat.