Used 2004 Mazda MPV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Mazda Mpv - Consumer Reviews

2004 Mazda MPV

View reviews for a specific MPV model:

A great little minivan
By SydKenMom

2004 Mazda MPV LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This minivan is a great vehicle for small families--we have 2 kids and it fits us and all of our stuff very nicely! It's not too big & drives like a car!! It's priced well for our tight budget!

Favorite Features

Rear windows roll down, back seat folds into floor, middle seats can slide together or set apart.

Suggested Improvements

I don't really like the center "console" thing. Flips down, kinda strange.

MPV is nearly perfect
By John C. Pratt

2004 Mazda MPV LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

The MPV is by far the sexiest minivan on the road, and it has plenty of room in all rows. The controls are awesome, and the shift lever over the air conditioning is not a problem. Acceleration is great even with only 200 HP. I wouldn't say it corners like a car, but it does corner well and takes bumps with hardly a twitch that make my Nissan Sentra shudder. The controls on the steering wheel are fabulous and the wheel itself is very comfortable to hold. See Favorite Features below for more compliments. My main gripe: mileage is 15/21, although I'm still tweaking the tire pressure.

Favorite Features

Outstanding visibility, light-up controls on steering wheels including a stereo mute button, base CD sound system is great, dual-sliding doors with electric roll-down windows, aluminum rims, very sexy styling, 1000s less than competitors with similar quality and features

Suggested Improvements

Much better gas mileage, more storage trays/pockets and fewer cup holders, replace fold down center tray with a removable storage console, move 3rd row seat belt buckles closer to the middle so car seats fit more easily, mud flaps for the 2004 model

Good value for the money
By SnapRolls

2004 Mazda MPV LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I was looking for a replacement for my 1994 Miata as my primary vehicle. Looked at sedans, SUVs, and minivans and decided the MPV offered the most bang for the buck. It drove nice, was quiet, had good fit and finish, and the LX with the LX Upgrade package, traction control, and the 4 seasons package had everything I wanted. I'm 6 feet tall and the van had plenty of creature comforts for me. My garage is small but the MPV's "footprint" is actually smaller than some sedans. The seats are very versatile and I can handle them 'by myself'... which was important as a single female.

Favorite Features

Smooth transmission and everything I need at my fingertips. The air conditioner cools it down in notime... hope the heater works as well in the winter time.

Suggested Improvements

I wish they would make a commuter version... dump the 3rd row kiddie seat and put in some nice big seats in the back. A 4 seater that has "living room" for the occupants.

i love this car
By trenticon

2004 Mazda MPV LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I just bought a Mazda MVP two days ago. The one I bought was New. This car is great. I love it, my wife loves it, and my child thinks it's cool. I told my mother this is the best thing I've ever owned except my house. Two big thumbs up

Favorite Features

dual sliding doors, CD/tape player

Suggested Improvements

Can't think of one

Great MiniVan
By Walker Family

We are young Parents and the Mpv has the sporty looks with the family Features

Favorite Features

Power sliding doors, windows in the sliding doors go down, 2nd row seat adjust forward and back and side to side

Suggested Improvements

Like everyone else the shift lever needs to be moved blocks radio volume controls