Used 2004 Mazda MPV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Mazda MPV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MPV model:

I love this car!
By Susan Berger

2004 Mazda MPV ES 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is the first Mazda I've ever owned and I've been pleasantly surprised. It IS fun to drive..does have "zoom,zoom,zoom" especially when passing or getting on a hiway. Its my 4th Minivan.(can't live without one) and tho its smaller than previous car..Its just the right size for me..both for hauling work and traveling.In fact..the size is the reason I got it. Not too happy about the milage..but I got it as we were in the midst of the gas hike and I live in New York.

Favorite feature is the way it drives..lots of zoom and keeps to the road. Very pretty style and mine is very bright blue..can find it in any parking lot! Also, quite comfortable on long rides..good lumbar support.Also, love the rear windows individual all way up and down.

I don't like the radio..hard to get to the "scan" button while driving.Wish the glove compartment was bigger. Because price of gas soo high these days..wish it got better milage.

Great Minivan
By glockman

2004 Mazda MPV LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I don't really know what to say yet have only had it for a few hours. Already put 100 miles on it. I've been looking for a minivan for a couple of months & was priced out of the Toyota Sienna LE also tested the Odessy & Freestar. Took a test drive in the MPV LX with the LX plus package & was hooked. Price of 19,500 after rebate I was sold.

The handling has got to be my favorite feature along with the audio system have to figure out how to hook up my Ipod as there is no casette deck.

I would like fold flat 2nd row seating & some way to hide belongings in the rear of van - some sort of curtain. Along with a locked storage area.

Gear Shift
By FosterBears3

2004 Mazda MPV ES 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

We bought this van a month ago and we love it - the only thing that I see as a problem is that the gear shift is too big and the windshield wipers shift is on the same side. The gear shift should be smaller and the windshield wiper shift should be on the side where the lights are. Other than that it is a great van and would highly recommend it.

Perfect for us
By fonorow

2004 Mazda MPV ES 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Excellent car like ride vs. bus like Odyssey test drive.

Huge windshield view. Easily slidable middle row seat.

none

2004 Mazda MPV LX
By tomballmusic

2004 Mazda MPV LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is our second MPV and this one is great. I like the electric doors, rearview mirror that darkens, DVD, and this one gets better gas mileage than our 2001 did. We've been getting 22 mpg in town driving. It's quiet and rides nicely.

The electric doors, rearview mirror, controls on dash for radio and cruise control.

Middle seats that fold down into floor.