Used 2004 Mazda MPV Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Mazda Mpv - Consumer Reviews

2004 Mazda MPV Minivan

View reviews for a specific MPV model:

5 weeks in with the 04 MPV
By jbond

2004 Mazda MPV Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

After test driving EVERY minivan, we went with the MPV. Smaller-sure but handling is amazing, parking easy, braking unbelievably short, quality high, price well-we bought the LX fully loaded with every option and package except tow package, got a 5000 dealer discount, 500 loyalty bonus, 500 graduate bonusand a great price to start with. Out the door with TTL $20,100. Add to that the unbelievable tradein allowance for our Jetta $12, 500, and we owe less than 7 grand after tax allowance. What a dealership! Oh yeah, and they thru in a 100000 mile/7 year extended warranty and 3 oil changes for free! A similarly equiped, honda was even close $26000. if you prize style over size, get this van.

Favorite Features

17 inch wheels, roof rack, rear AC, handling, braking, fun to drive, big cup holders, tall profile, super stereo system, the seats

Suggested Improvements

That silly gear shift but radio controls on wheel make it a non issue. needs 60/40 split on back bench seat.

Loving it so far
By ckeithp1

2004 Mazda MPV Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

It may be a bit early to tell, but so far I'm thrilled that we decided on the MPV. I can't find but one flaw, the gear shifter, when in D is in the way of the volume control and the A/C on/off switch. The van handles great and doesn't feel like any minivan I've ever driven. Interior is quiet but sporty. Looking forward to a long-term relationship with this MPV!

Favorite Features

Sporty looks, lots of standard equipment, 5-speed tranny, nice wheels and big disc brakes.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the position/configuration of the shifter handle. Give the standard stereo more ooomph!

Great Choice
By JimiJames

2004 Mazda MPV Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I never thought I'd buy another vehicle after my first Honda. A vehicle that I still have after 12 years and 200,000 miles. However my Mazda MPV is everything that I wanted in a vehicle as a young father. I'm a believer now.

Favorite Features

I started this sentence several times. This van has a lot of great features. It still makes me feel SEXY at 30 something. That's my favorite feature.

Zoom, Zoom, Zoom!
By Bonkey

2004 Mazda MPV Minivan ES 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This mini van is very comfortable, and roomy enough for 7 adults to sit comfortably. The cargo hold is very versatile, as it features a flip down rear seat which allows the rear cargo space to be completely flat for transporting large objects. With the rear seat flipped up, the rear cargo hold becomes a nice sized pocket able to hold gracery bags steady for the trip home. Plenty of room for luggage, too. We took a car trip with 2 adults, and three teenage children, and we all fit into the car comfortably, including two pieces of luggage each!

Favorite Features

The flip down/up rear seat. The nice tight turn radius! The radio controls on the steering wheel. The nice smooth acceleration and power...Zoom!

Suggested Improvements

Restyle/reconfigure the gear shift arm for the automatic transmission so that is doens not interfere with the radio controls on the dash, when it is engaged into gear.

Lovein' it. Zoom-Zoom
By marieann

2004 Mazda MPV Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I love my MPV. I will buy another one.