2003 Mazda MPV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MPV model:
Great Van
By Aaalaaan on 12/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mazda MPV ES 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

As a previous owner of minivans, I found the MPV to be a very well designed Minivan and it seems that they thought of everything. There is no timing belt to change and that is important as this is an interference engine which means if your timing belt breaks or jumps you will bend valves. The flip down rear seat, radio controls on the steering wheel, large and nemerous drink holders, thick leather interior and power sliding doors are among my favorite features. Get the power sliding doors. They are worth the money. At first I wasn't going to get them but I worked the dealer lower on the price of the van that had them. Buy one, you will be glad you did.

Best Value
By TEast on 11/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mazda MPV LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

We compared the Odyssey, Sienna, and MPV with the help of this site and local dealers. By far, this was the best value-8K less than comparable Odyssey and 10-12K less than Sienna. I love the sporty ride, the kids love the comfortable "slide by side" captains chairs and DVD and my husband loves that it fits in the garage! Don't let the smaller size discourage you--the well in the cargo area can hold a lot of groceries!Check out the 4 seasons options--has rear heater controls for the kids.

MPV = Lemon, Lemon, Lemon
By anonymous12345 on 11/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mazda MPV LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Transmission was replaced with less than 4000 miles on vehicle. Transmission still having problems. Dealer unwilling to resolve. Car in body shop being dismantled to attempt to resolve knocking sound. Over the last 2 months this car has been at dealer over 25 days. This car has the highest NHTSA incidence of consumer complaints. Would not have purchased this car if I had known.

6 Month Review
By EYW on 11/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mazda MPV ES 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought an ES in early June to replace my '93 MPV. Got a deal with $2k rebate, $2.1k Ford "S-Plan" and another $500 S-plan bonus with no more room left to negotiate after all that. My wife ejoys the minivan because it is quick with responsive handling and a nice stereo. I am probably biased since I currently own a '95 Protege LX and '03 Protege 5 and use to own an '86 RX-& GLX and '93 MPV. I have listed lots of good things below. A few other things of note include great leather seats and rear heating with the "4- seasons" option. Another thoughtful item is the left side sliding door does not open when you are gassing up.

Best all-around value
By jasnyberg on 11/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mazda MPV LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

My wife and I looked at the Nissan Quest, Honda Odyssey , and the MPV. We loved the extra room of the Honda, but to have it you also need to accept another $7000 on the price, no buying incentives (rebates,etc) and the fact that the Honda drives like a much larger vehicle. The new Quest was an immediate "no" because the console looks like a coffee table with a video game joystick sticking out of it. So we took the MPV, and got 0% financing plus an instant $3000 off the sticker right up front. It's a great value, and has lots of family-friendly features.

Kid Hauler
By CRSMP5 on 11/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mazda MPV LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I was very reluctant to buy a mini- van. Now that I have owned it for 6 months I couldn't be more happy that I purchased it. The electric sliding doors are a major convienance with 2 kids. There is a plenty of room for all your needs when you fold down the 3rd row seat. Good feel when cornerning and has car-like to drive to it. Great alternative if you would rather spend 20k instead of 30k plus for Toyota or Honda.

Mazda van
By John Madden on 11/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mazda MPV LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is the second Mazda Van we had. We had the 2000 and the 2003. the 2003 Has a better engine and 16 in tires which give it a better ride.this van is good for a small fam.

mazda mpv
By smittchell4 on 11/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mazda MPV LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Its not as quite on trips as I would like for it to be,and on same long trip, seats were not comfortable. Drive well plenty of pick up for a van. Asked if was fun to drive? IT'S A VAN, not a sports car!

New to Van's
By jef2one on 10/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mazda MPV LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Traded an ailing Buick LeSabre on an 03 LX. Overall my wife and I enjoy it and are very pleased with the purchase.

Best vehicle I have ever owned
By Myco16 on 10/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mazda MPV ES 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

The handling and comfort are superb. It is the most practical of other minivans and luxury cars I have ever owned including my 1998 Chrysler Town and Country. I am experiencing about 20 miles per gallon during city driving break-in period.