Used 2003 Mazda MPV Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Mazda MPV Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MPV model:

Mazda MPV
By Antoinette Johnson

2003 Mazda MPV Minivan LX-SV 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have enjoyed my van a lot. I prefer to drive it more than my other car. The ride is smooth, and it is very reliable.

Leather interior.

Not very happy
By Pauline

2003 Mazda MPV Minivan ES 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Had to replace 2 coils? # 4 and #6, at 275.00 each time! Brakes went fast and had calibers sticking. Several electronic issues, and some aesthetics like air conditioner flows right into the steering wheel, and it is a weak cool air system. Electric doors don't shut at the most inappropriate times.

Back windows go down, and the price was about $5000 lower, but it seems I am paying for it now.

Coils? what the heck? Use a freaking distributor cap - why am I paying each time a coil goes bad!~ AWFUL VAN and would never use another Mazda again, back to Toyota I go.

Hello shop
By mom3anddog

2003 Mazda MPV Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Bought my MVP new, tired of going to the shop with my old car. 3 kids wanted a new vehicle so I would only go in for regular maintenance. Sliding doors would not stay shut first few months, started shifting hard (been in 3 or 4 times in the last three years), Brake pads 1st year, brake pads-rotate rotors 2nd year, end of stabilizing bar replaced, doesn't want to come out of park sometimes (actually told I needed to put my foot on the brake to take out of gear - automatic - been driving for 20 years). Been in the shop now 3 times in 5 days to fix the lack of power, missing, was vacuum hose.

Sliding doors and windows, temperature control in rear, fold away rear seats, sliding middle seat, extra large windshield fluid.

Gear shift is the way of center controls, better lumbar support, drink holder & heating controls in back need separated, fix the shifting problems and brake issues

Excellent Choice for Family
By tw

2003 Mazda MPV Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

We bought our MPV LX brand new in late 2002. 3 1/2 years and 80,000 miles later, we are still very happy with the van. It is smaller than Honda and Toyota minivans, and is just the perfect size for a family of 4. Originally my wife insisted on buying a minivan after our first child was born. I hesitated to be seen in a minivan. But we rented an MPV during a vacation and felt in love with the size and handling. We have only had one mechanical problem with a radiator hose during the 80,000 miles we've had the van. The problem occurred around 30,000 miles, and was fixed by the dealer (there was a bulletin on the issue). Other than that, it has been very reliable.

Perfect size. Great handling (for a minivan). Versatile seating arrangements (handy if you want to carry lots of stuff or haul up to 7 people). Great performance (for minivan) and reliability. Love the power sliding doors.

3rd row headrests that must be manually removed when seat is folded into the floor. No split folding 3rd row seat.

I love it
By gailnicko

2003 Mazda MPV Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

i really enjoy driving the car, the seats are very comfortable. I dislike the headrests, which cannot be utilized while on trips (they need to be extended forward). Service visits have been the minimum for almost 2 years that I have owned it.

I love the electronic/sliding rear doors.

Why not electronic back door, too. Why are there 2 levers nears the driver - one is for wipers, one for gear, but it's one too many. Need head rests that work on long drives - these are impossible, and need to be extended several inches forward to be comfortable!