2003 Mazda MPV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MPV model:
I Love this van
By Fan4Life on 06/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mazda MPV ES 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I love the versatility of the sliding middle seat and the fold-flat back seat. The ride is smooth and quiet. The kids love the ability to open the side-door windows which really airs-out the van on a nice day. We've had the van in for service once for a jerky transmission and everyone was very helpfull. If you want a quality van that doesn't cost an king's ransom, this is the one for you!

Love my minivan
By Jilene on 03/16/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mazda MPV ES 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This has been a great trouble free vehicle.

BEST BANG FOR THE BUCK.
By JMTRANSAMSD455 on 02/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mazda MPV ES 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Wife loves her 2003ES.Smaller size gives better carlike handling and agility,superb ride,comfort along with quiet but powerful 3.0 DOHC 24 Valve V6.Quik acceleration.Price was right.Easy tumble down third row bench seat.Easy to read instrument panel.Quality leather hides,padded leather steering wheel, brake handle.Roll-down power windows in the dual sliding doors.ABS, Traction Control.Triple H frame for safety yielding a 5-star crash rating for both front and side impacts,Front and Side Air Bags.Folding side mirrors,Plenty of cup holders.

Stay clear of this vehicle!
By Jim Barnes on 02/10/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mazda MPV LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have had engine oil leaking problems since I bought this van in May 2003. I have learned recently that Mazda has issued an advisory that the particular V-6 used in the MPV had a faulty die that was miscasting engine block parts that cause seals to leak where the cam housing meets the block. This vehicle has been a service nightmare. Mazda is currently trying to fix the problem at their dealers. Catalytic converters and O2 sensors have also been faulty and have had to be replaced. I am currently applying for Lemon Law status with the State of Florida and have appealed for replacement by the dealer.

Nice Van but Known PROBLEM
By D.A.G. on 01/14/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mazda MPV LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

A wonderful van. Very roomy and sporty. However, the known problem about these MPV's (now I know...) is a HARD SHIFT. Check www.edmunds.com in the Car Discussion section - you'll see. Mazda hasn't acknowledged the problem yet, which is very frustrating. Other than shifting issue, the van is great...but that is a BIG issue.

We should not have waited so long. . . .
By mclane on 01/13/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mazda MPV LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

After searching for about six months and researching all of the minivans, we finally decided on the Mazda MPV. Although it's a bit smaller than the rest, it is still very comfortable. It has all the features we wanted at an affordable price, with a reliability record of above average. So far we love our van and so do our children!

What a relief!
By mommasavannah on 01/10/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mazda MPV LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

What a relief to be out from under my Dodge Caravan! Lemon with a capital "L." The MPV is wonderful. Quick and responsive. Great braking even in slimey conditions. Second air/heating system that comes with winter package is a great option and well worth it!

Found my Mini Van
By SkyArt on 01/08/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mazda MPV ES 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Being a young Couple with two Kids, It was difficult to accept we were going into a mini van, Well Mazda's MPV ES made the transition feel natural, with the roof rack, spoiler, fog lights and leather, we were very impressed it looked sporty and most of all it fit our needs, So far no complaints, we wanted the 04" with the better looking front grill and standard features, but a price of $21,000 before taxes we couldn't resist. and most of all the kids seem to love it : )

You must try one.
By Don Ehrismann on 12/31/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mazda MPV LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is a great mini-van value for the buck. It is just the right size for a smaller family. It is easy to park, gets good mileage, is fun to drive. It is one of two new autos I have bought new, and have had nothing go wrong with it. It has many features that other 2003 models didn't have. Fold and tumble rear seat, that folds down in a well to be out of the way when not needed. Roll down side door windows, for air during mild weather. It is fun to drive, and very nimble, just right for in town parking and getting into smaller areas. It's quality shows throughout, and it is very reliable.

Like the van hate the transmission
By Gregg Gagnon on 12/31/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mazda MPV LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

My wife an I purchased a 2003 MPV and on firts impressions really liked it. However we began to experience problems with the transmission shifting very hard into 3rd gear. We took the van in for service and they said it need a computer update. We got the van back and eveything seemed to be fine, but 2 -3 weeks later the same problem with the transmission started all over. Back to the shop it went and a week later we got it back with a new transmission. Once again everyting was great for 3-4 weeks but the same problem is back.