Used 2003 Mazda MPV Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Mazda Mpv - Consumer Reviews

2003 Mazda MPV Minivan

View reviews for a specific MPV model:

I love my VAn
By LAinee

2003 Mazda MPV Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

it's been great. i have never had any issues with this car and the kids love it!

Favorite Features

i must say it is the DVD system i bought it with.

2003 MPV ES
By 2003 MPV ES

2003 Mazda MPV Minivan ES 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have driven nothing but Honda Accord EX's for the last 10 years and as such was waiting for the Honda Oddy price to come down to a reasonable level. Well that day apparently will never happen and as such I purchased for an incredible price a Metallic Silver MPV ES with ground effects, etc. Two days later we packed up the family for a 2 hour journey for some R&R and this vehicle was great. Cruised and handled effortlessly at 80 to 90 mph, the kids were comfy and all our stuff fit easily. I just hope that is as reliable as my Accord's which both were into the 100,000+ mile range with no major part failures.

Favorite Features

Can fit in a garage, power doors, handling for a big vehicle, smooth shifting tranny, taunt but not to much so, ride and interior ROOM.

Suggested Improvements

Shorten gear selector, low end torque, lengthen 1st gear, passenger power door lock

Drive like a sportscar & the best look!!
By RaymondandSally

2003 Mazda MPV Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I was considering both new Quest and MPV, the MPV handling is amazing since I am used to the firm suspension of my Mazdaspeed Protege, I like how the MPV gives me feedback of the road. It feels sporty and speed from 0-60 in no time. There is lot of driving pleasure even with family members and friends. It is a 7 seater sportscar!! Fuel economy is pretty good, about 20.9 per gallon on avg. I push the paddle a lot!

Favorite Features

Tight handling, excellent conerning, sporty GFX appearance package, 17 inch alloys, rear spoiler, fog lights, disappearing seat, comfortable interior.

Suggested Improvements

Need a Mazdaspeed MPV with turbo and good for 300 horses! 19 inch alloys and ground effects. Mazda ... Zoom.. Zoom..

It is good van for this price
By hyaoni

It is fun to drive.

Suggested Improvements

gas milage, cago space, split third row seat

Satisfaction
By rj557

2003 Mazda MPV Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

We looked at the Caravan (boring, pricey), the Venture (ugly, pricey), the Sedona (boring, inferior), the Montana (ugly, pricey) and the MPV (sharp, solid, good value), which one do you think we purchased? Good guess. We bought our MPV last week and we absolutely love it! It's a 2003 with silver metallic paint, rear air, roof rack and rear bumper step, the MSRP was $24,500.00 we paid $22,300.00 minus the $2000.00 rebate and our trade-in. Not only is this the best looking mini van available, it feels solid, rides great, the engine is so quiet we can't tell when it's running, the interior is beutiful and functional and it handles really well.

Favorite Features

Sporty, well built, quiet, I love the 16" alloy wheels (standard), the headlights, and the seats.

Suggested Improvements

I would like for people to stop complaining about the gear shift lever, it's not an issue, make side airbags standard, if you put a car seat in the second row sliding seat or the third row folding seat, they won't function.