2003 Mazda MPV Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MPV model:
Well designed compact minivan
By madhatter on 09/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mazda MPV Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

We've owned the MPV for just over two months and it's been great. Very quiet on the inside, you can just about hear the horn. Love the third row seat and the sliding door roll down windows are especially popular with my kids. The well for the third row seat holds grocery bags excellently well. Fit and finish are excellent. The ride is relatively sporty - not in the league of my Ford Contour with its wide tires and stiff suspension - but there is noticable body roll in turns. The interior is quite ergonomic except for the fact that the column shifter partly hides the volume control and sometimes I have tried to "shift" the turn signal lever.

Zoom zoom mpv mom
By vanmommie on 09/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mazda MPV Minivan ES 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

The van really is easy to drive. Love the Moonroof, the windows that go down in the back. The tumble under seat for getting your stuff back there. Perfect height to side in and out. Not to big. Not a big brick in the wind.

happy
By dino on 08/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mazda MPV Minivan ES 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

this is my fourth mpv.only problem not enough horses.this one great though i miss 4x4...get 21 + m pg time will tell

Honest review by a happy owner.
By Shlep on 08/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mazda MPV Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Between me and my wife we have to fight who gets it to go to work. New V6 engine great 200 hp. all I need it has plenty of power for city or highway for any normal family. The size is perfect for 7 passengers normally we have 3 or 4 but we have had seven once . So if you need to always move a ton of people or 50 sheets or dry wall buy a larger van you will be happier. We liked the MPV Mazda features like the power rear windows and the fold down rear seat,and the modern looks. My wife has a two year old Protoge' and has been perfect so far.

what's not to like?
By wkwood on 08/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mazda MPV Minivan ES 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

200 hp and ft/lbs of torque in a minivan that is 7/8 the size of its competitors. Zoom Zoom. So it fits in the garage nicely next to the sedan, and I especially like the passenger side windows that go down. If passengers want to wait in the car while I run in for somethingn they can. And it's really quiet inside on the highway. What remains to be seen is reliability. I'm a little concerned that it's a ford duratec V6 under the hood, so we'll see.