2003 Mazda MPV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MPV model:
TRANSITION
By massman on 02/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mazda MPV ES 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Great vehicle so far. Those looking for more space and versatility without spending a fortune for an SUV and the gas to put in it should consider the MPV. Sporty looks and sporty feel in a minivan that doesn't look, feel or drive like a normal minivan.

Mini Van (no way)
By sjmem83 on 02/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mazda MPV LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

All I have to say is DRIVE IT!!!

I want to love this van, BUT
By donP on 02/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mazda MPV LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I did alot of research before purchasing this van. Initially,I loved the van-this was our first van purchase and we loved the flexibility in seating, comfort, space, styling, etc. I waited until we drove 5,000 miles before writing this review. There are two strange noises when I apply the brakes-one is an occasional popping sound from the front and another noise from the rear. The dealer thought it might be the tires making that sound (yea-right). I will be taking it in next week. I wouldn't feel comfortable recommending this van until I see how it performs over an extended period of time e.g. after three years.

satisfied!!
By revenuer1 on 02/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mazda MPV LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

We just bought an MPV and are quite pleased with it. We traded in our Windstar for it and think that the handling on the road is as good if not better. Instruments/controls are not difficult to use or see. For some reason remote is not always working on front passenger door but should be easily fixed by the dealer. Salepeople/finance people were very helpful and informative.

MAZDA MPV
By t walsh on 01/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mazda MPV LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Comfortable on long trips. Good seating position reduces fatigue. The automatic side sliding door make putting an infant in the car much easier. Good handling. Good looks for a minivan. The interior is simple with good fit and finish. I drove a 1889 MPV to 210,000 mile with few problems. It was a rare 5 speed, manual transmission. I got 170,000 mile out of the original clutch. I hope the new one will repeat this reliability.

Nicely Built, Great Looks, Right Size
By movellan on 01/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mazda MPV ES 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

After 2 weeks of extensive research we settled on the Mazda MPV. We dont particularly like MiniVans, and did not like the idea of driving a dinasour like Odissey. Yet again we needed 7 seat capacity. We really liked the looks and the relatively small size of the MPV. The consumer report ratings are great and since the Odyssey seems to be so popular, Mazda dealers are really willing to bargain.

2003 Honda Beater
By anforest72 on 12/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mazda MPV LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

The LX is an unbelievable deal. I don't understand Honda's justification for unwavering from their ridiculous MSRP, but they made my decision easy. The Mazda fits the bill just as well, if not better for thousands less. With near invoice pricing, rebate, and low APR, I drove away several thousand less than a comparably equipped Honda. Build quality, power, handling are impeccable. 7/8 size meets my family needs and fits in the garage great. Agree with another writer that I don't know why there aren't more on the road...

mpv lx 2003
By alan p on 12/22/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mazda MPV LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

everything in this van works and looks well. the smaller size is what makes this model work for me. when alone i drive aggressive and need the smaller size to maneuver in traffic. when driving with four in the van it is comfortable and well mannered. i drove with six in the van once for 150 miles and nobody complained and the van handled well and braking was excellent. my review takes in to consideration of the value factor, with the discounting with rebates by the dealer. decent lx package for less than 21k.

This minivan kicks ass!!!
By mpvowner on 12/14/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mazda MPV LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

When I decided to trade in my 2001 CR-V for a minivan, I wanted to make sure I would get the ample space I needed, but without sacraficing the looks and reliability. Guess what? This van kicks it's ass!!! Everything about it is fantastic. The side by slide seating,fold down rear bench seat,alloy wheels,CDplayer, and beautiful handling absolutely won me over. No other minivan can compare. Although I bought this primarily for my wife and kids, honestly i can't wait to get behind the wheel!!

Great transition vehicle
By mpv buyer on 12/12/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mazda MPV LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Moving from an Audi A4 to a minivan becomes a necessity when baby #3 comes. With money tight and space even tighter we decided to start looking for something bigger. 2 vehicles fell into our sights: Suzuki XL7 and Mazda MPV. The MPV wins because of it's superior useage of interior space and surprisingly decent handling ability. Got an end of year LX almost fully equipped below invoice price. Looking forward to the BMW minivan in 2005/2006 (u heard it hear first!)