2003 Mazda MPV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MPV model:
MPV
By Bowles on 03/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mazda MPV ES 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Great vehicle, fun to drive.

Wheeeeee!!!
By jim and jenni on 03/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mazda MPV LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Spent 12 months minivan shopping (literally). Started with the MPV, drove every van on the market, finished with MPV. When you include the $2k rebate, I can't imagine how you can do better. 200HP, 3000# towing capacity, magic 3rd row seat, awesome crash test ratings, beautiful interior and exterior, 6CD changer, DVD player, double power sliding doors, roof rack, traction control, side airbags, spoiler, rear air cond, 4 year bmp-bmp wnty etc for $24k. Drives great, much more fun to drive around town than the big minivans.

A great Minvan
By mjhenny on 03/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mazda MPV ES 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

We owned a Chrysler T&C LX (2000) before buying this 03 Mazda MPV. The Chrysler was a POS, and time will tell with the Mazda, but it seems like a great decision to purchase this. The Mazda really does drive more like a car than a van - so much better acceleration, brakes, handling, and steering than the Chrysler- very solid and impressive. The backseat is not meant for adults to sit in for long (not enough leg support), but it is great for kids, and folds into the floor. The middle seats slide together or stay apart as quads. It's worth the test drive - I didn't think we'd have a chance of buying it, but looking at it and an driving convinced me.

The best one for our $$$
By mpvowner2 on 03/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mazda MPV LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is our first Mini Van. Really worth for the money paid. We looked at Honda and Toyota but let go becos of the pricing and availablity. So far this van is fun to drive

so for so good
By mpvowner3 on 03/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mazda MPV LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This vehicle is fun to drive. zoom zoom...... with V6 , it drives like a Sedan..

I LOVE THIS VAN!!!
By Go Bucks on 03/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mazda MPV ES 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

We shopped for over a year to be sure of what we wanted... and we are SO glad we did. Larger vans are over rated! I was not impressed with the Honda Odyssey "at all" plus the sales people are way too confident in a van that just isn't that great(when we looked at the honda the salesman cut his finger pulling down the fold under seat in the back, if he can't do it how am I going to do it)!! If you are shopping for a fantastic van that is sporty and comfortable take a look at this van and give it a chance. The MPV has features that the other do not! I like that!! We made the right choice...BUY ONE We give it a "10"

The best van for automotive enthusiasts
By cartwright on 03/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mazda MPV ES 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

The Mazda MPV is grossly underrated by automotive writers because of their reverence for the Honda Odyssey. When my wife and I test drove the MPV and Odyssey back-to-back, we expected to be impressed by the Odyssey but we were stunned by its clumsy handling and braking. The MPV handles, maneuvers, and brakes about as well as our '98 Honda Accord EX. In contrast, the Odyssey is ponderous, handles sluggishly, and fishtails under hard braking. The MSRP of the MPV is overpriced relative to the Odyssey. Fortunately, Mazda continually offers incentives. We paid $1500 under invoice.

Best kept secret!!!!
By Richard Roy on 03/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mazda MPV LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I owned a MPV 1991 before. For my next van, seat management was hign on my list. There are only 2 models with the third row folding in the car (wonder why they don't all have this feature). In my case, the Odyssey was too big. I park the van in my garage. There is one area of concern which is the motor. So far, I'm please with the Ford Duratech performance. Maybe they can spend some time about reducing fuel consumption.

2003 MPV ES
By Jay Burkman on 03/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mazda MPV ES 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I currently work for a multi-brand dealership that carries Ford, Mazda, Isuzu and Hyundai. I reviewed every model in this class of vehicle and found that for the money, I could not a better van with more options. The look and ride of this van almost make you forget you are driving a "mini-van"!

Zoom-Zoom and Quality
By texasjps on 02/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mazda MPV LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

We replaced our 2001 MPV with a 2003. The only reason we upgraded was to get the new 3.0L V6. The previous 2.5L V6 did OK in our Texas flatlands, but when we took it to the mountains in Colorado it was a strain to get up the slopes (especially loaded with luggage). Our 2001 was perfect other than the engine, and we expect the same with the 2003. This makes our 4th Mazda (2 626's and 2 MPVs) they've all been rock-solid reliable and last many years and many miles, plus they are exciting to drive (even the minivan). We've owned a Honda, Chevys, Chryslers, Mazdas, and Nissans. Mazdas and Nissans are all I will consider now.