2003 Mazda MPV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MPV model:
The best
By Judy Petrozzelli on 04/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mazda MPV LX-SV 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've never owned a Mazda before but so far I love this van. It's perfect because it's not to big and it drives like a regular car yet it has the room for seven passangers. It has a beautiful exterior and the driving is very smooth. My husband and I did a lot of research and chose the MPV because of it's ratings.

The Best for Less
By P333 on 04/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mazda MPV LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

The Mazda MPV is quite simply the best minivan for the money. It offers a car- like ride and performance yet has enough cargo space to haul the whole family across the country, I can't say enough good things about this vehicle. You can get into a nicely equipped MPV for around or just over $20k, try to do that with the new Nissan Quest that is set to debut in the summer of '03. The Nissan dealers told us to expect prices STARTING at $27k. It's a freakin' Nissan minivan. There was a time when Nissan products offered the most car for the money. I think Mazda has taken over that title.

very good!
By animato on 04/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mazda MPV LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Much more fun to drive than my 98 caravan, still fits the 2 kids and dog just fine. horizontal sliding mid-seats a clever idea. es model w/ gfx pkg gets a lot of looks, which i am not used to in a mini- van. i think i'll keep this one for a while.

ROTTEN EGGS
By DISAPPONTED on 04/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mazda MPV LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This vehicle has constant high levels of sulphur dioxide odors which can even be smelled inside. Dealer cannot fix. Blames high suphur in gas. I understand there are a number of MPV`s which have this problem and Mazda disclaims responsiblity saying it is "normal". I hesitate to drive this van on any extented trip due to the excessive odor.My MPV is a loser!

Very good, but not without its faults
By FatherOfTwo on 04/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mazda MPV LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

After much research, the wife and I decided to go with the LX MPV, with most of the trimmings: Power doors, DVD, 4 seasons package, etc... We were able to get everything we wanted on the LX, saving ourselves about $7K over the Odyssey (31K w/ DVD). We've had it for about a month now and are happy with our choice except for a few things. See below. 1. There is a fan on the DVD player that goes ALL the time, regardless if the unit is on or not. No help from dealer: "its supposed to be like that". Continued below (I'm over 700 characters)

Easy Choice
By zoomervan on 04/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mazda MPV LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I spent 3 months evaluating my next car purchase. I considered the KIA Sedona and Sorento, Honda CRV and Odessy, and more. KIA was eliminated for their horrible gas mileage (who needs that in this day and age?), Honda for their sub-par warranties and their inflated prices, and Toyota for lack of space. After test driving the Tribute and the MPV, the only choice left was - which one?The MPV was so much more fun to drive than the Tribute. (Maybe my husband will trade in his Tahoe?) I just can't wait to take it on a long trip! I opted for an after market moonroof and in-the-headrest DVD system for the kids. Still kept the price below 22K!!

Nice van for a small family
By D and J on 04/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mazda MPV LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

After looking at several different minivans, the comfort, styling and price could not be beat. Having recently had our first child and my wife moving up from a 2-door car, the size alone made it a no brainer. I would highly recommend this van for a new family.

Needs a goo automatic transmission,becau
By The windmill on 03/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mazda MPV LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

The A.T leaves a lot to be desired. Does not shift correctly I have to take it back they may have to do something to it because it is not functioning as it should.

First-time buyer
By TJohn2 on 03/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mazda MPV LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

After driving a Dodge Caravan for 10 years, this car was a revelation! I test-drove a Honda (too bulky), a Pontiac Montana (poor reliability record, noisy), a Dodge Caravan (bulky,and reliability in question) a Subaru Forester (not enough storage space). Everyone at the dealership a gem to deal with. The extended warranty was fairly priced and covered pretty well everything for 7 years! I love the car & the Company!

Wow- We're very happy
By Rvman on 03/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mazda MPV LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

After owning the 2003 MPV for several weeks, I continue to be impressed by this van. It is a quality vehicle. After spending several weeks trying to deal on a Town and Country, I came across a review about the MPV. Before I read the review, I was not even aware of the updated MPV. But after a visit to the Mazda dealer and a test drive, I was very excited. Outstanding performance and features at an outstanding price! Why buy the Chrylser/Dodge/Honda, pay more for a similarly equipped vehicle, and look like every other family on the road?