Used 2003 Mazda MPV LX-SV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Mazda Mpv - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MPV model:

Mazda MPV
By Antoinette Johnson

2003 Mazda MPV LX-SV 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have enjoyed my van a lot. I prefer to drive it more than my other car. The ride is smooth, and it is very reliable.

Favorite Features

Leather interior.

Good Fun to Drive Mini Van (Sports Car)
By churchgm

2003 Mazda MPV LX-SV 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

When my wife and I were looking to trade our prized Civic Si for a MiniVan we looked at several different models and manufacturers. Honda was obvious and so was Toyota (2004 Sienna) but the real show stopper for us was the MPV LX with the Tow package. It just handled more like our Si then the others. It wasn't so large that parking would be an issue and I thought it was every bit as sharp looking as the other two vehicles already mentioned. The deciding factor however was the price. 0% financing, no payments for 90 days, the best value for our trade in and free maintenance for 3 years sealed the deal for us.

Favorite Features

Smoking hot deal, Exterior lines, Handleing - especially with the 16 inch alloys, Ride comfort adn aggressive engine.

Suggested Improvements

None that I can think of yet.

Great minivan at a reasonable price !
By bwhw

2003 Mazda MPV LX-SV 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I hated thinking of spending $23- $28k for a Sienna or Odyssey (SUV's with room are even higher) ! Found a great "in-between" bargain in the MPV. It is definitely smaller than your standard minivan on the outside but inside I was amazed how much it had to offer . Even in their base SV model you get ABS, disappearing 3rd seat, sliding side by side captains chairs, stereo control on the steering wheel, etc, etc ! What really swung me over were 2 things. 1) You can get this car for under 20k. and 2) They beefed up the engine to 200hp and it is smooth as silk. We took it on a 10 hour trip to Maine 2 days after we bought it and realized this was a great choice.

Favorite Features

Disappearing 3rd seat. Tons of headroom, sliding middle seats (bucket to bench), ABS standard.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage about 21-23mpg on the trip to Maine, fully loaded with AC running would have like to have seen 25+ given the smaller size and stronger engine.

MPV Best for the Money
By Eric Freeman

2003 Mazda MPV LX-SV 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Love this vehicle! Fun to drive, lots of power and has more standard features than any other van I test drove within $3000 of my purchase price. That includes the Honda, Toyota and Chrysler vans! Most will say the Honda is the best van on the market. I say test drive the MPV and you may change your tune. Plus, you will pay the dealership at least $6000 less.

Favorite Features

Engine performance and seating arrangement options.

Suggested Improvements

Gear shift is too long and blocks radio controls. This is not much of an inconvenience since the driver has radio controls on the steering wheel.

Mazda MPV
By Leonard J. Bartosiew

2003 Mazda MPV LX-SV 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Handling is a breeze compared to larger minivans. For urban driving it has the ability to maneuver side streets, parked vehicles. Great for loading children and the limited cargo we carry. Very easy to park.

Favorite Features

Power sliding doors with safety features so children are unable to open while vehicle is in motion.

Suggested Improvements

Mud flaps to fit the GFX package. Better visibility of audio system. When the sun hits it the clock, etc., are difficult to see.