Surprisingly Disappointed
By Amy on
2002 Mazda MPV LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)
Purchased my MPV 12/02 after my 2nd child was born for easier entry & exit than my Jeep Cherokee, and more passenger room. After much research on minivans, I decided I wanted (but could not afford) a Honda Odyssey. The MPV ran a close 2nd. The first year of owning it was good. Things went down hill after that. The Dunlop tires that came on it were bald after less than 28K miles. It's been in for mechanical repairs & recalls more than any other vehicle I've ever owned (Chevy, Ford, Jeep). It's in now for another $400-500 repair after I just replaced the tires. After 3 years of ownership, I'm sad to say, it has not been as reliable as I thought it would. Style & comfort good. Reliability, not good.
Favorite Features
Converting quad/bench middle seat, fold flat rear seats, roll down rear windows, power driver seat, radio/CD controls on steering wheel, keyless entry, 16" tires/alloy, foglights, rear wiper, GFX package for sporty look.
Suggested Improvements
Better engine quality and reliability, longer lasting tires (give us at least 45K), better warranty (mine expired right when I needed it most). Special Note: My dealer service department has been great, not their fault product bites.