Protege/MPV
By bean3422 on
2002 Mazda MPV ES 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)
My first experience with a Mazda vehicle was my neighbor's 1992 Protege LX with 175,000 miles on it. My GM vehicle with 80,000 miles on it had broken down, and I had to use her car to go get parts. I had so much fun in that car with 175,000 miles on it. It also felt better put together than my GM vehicle. Since I was in the market, I immediately researched and purchased a 2000 Protege ES. I am now a proud owner of a 2002 Coastal Blue MPV ES, and I feel just a strongly about it. Just as the Protege is the most fun small car, the MPV is the most fun minivan. The fact that it looks so good only cinches the deal in my opinion.
Favorite Features
Decent stereo, 17" wheels, very stylish, small enought to be nimble, large enough to be useful. Able to deal and get a good price.
Suggested Improvements
Like everyone else, fix the shifter (some push buttons on the steering wheel would be nice!), make the rear seat split/folding, seat heaters for leather seats, and make a deal with Jaquar to put the 230 hp 3.0 with the exact same transmission in the MPV.