2002 Mazda MPV Consumer Review: Not bad for a minivan

2002 Mazda MPV Minivan - Consumer Review

Not bad for a minivan
By khealy on

2002 Mazda MPV ES 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I don't really like minivans but I need to keep all of my toys out of the weather and away from thieves (skis, bikes, etc.). I was attracted to the MPV for its small size, adequate engine, 5-sp transmission and handling. I have't been disappointed with any of these features. The engine/trans work very well, even on high mountain passes. The handling is better than I have ever experienced in a minivan on twisty mtn roads. It's as fun as a minivan can get! Fuel economy is ranging from 20-23 mpg with most of my driving in suburbs and mountains. Much better than any of the SUVs I looked at.

3.0l engine and 5-sp transmission make this van very enjoyable to drive (especially for a minivan). Handling is also excellent for a minivan.

Needs to have the following features available: auto-on headlights, climate control (with so much glass), heated front seats, and a better stereo (the option stereo has pretty poor sound quality)