2002 Mazda MPV 3.0L V6 5-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Much More Than I Expected

2002 Mazda MPV Minivan - Consumer Review

Much More Than I Expected
By LoveMyMPV on

2002 Mazda MPV ES 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I started out loathing all mom-mobile minivans but this Mazda MPV ES has changed all that. Quick, nimble, comfortable and economical (29-30mpg @ 60mph), I don't really miss my Mercedes. The ES model is comfortable to drive on long trips and the upscale radio pulls in more stations than my Mercedes ever did. The power sliding doors and fold-under 3rd seat are extremely convenient, as are the slide-together 2nd row seats (make them a single bench or 2 buckets). There's always enough power on tap, especially off the line, and passing power seems more than adequate. It's size makes it ideal for fitting in a garage with room to spare. All-in-all, I'd buy it again.

Favorite Features

Power sliding doors (both sides), leather seats, upscale radio with CD and cassette player, tumble-under 3rd row seats, slide-together 2nd row seats, moderate size that does a lot of things well without being too big or feeling like you're driving the Queen Mary.

Suggested Improvements

Power door lock switch on front passenger arm rest, shift lever that doesn't block the A/C control.