2002 Mazda MPV 3.0L V6 5-speed Automatic Consumer Review - MPV: Makes the Most Sense

2002 Mazda MPV - Consumer Review

ES Passenger Minivan (3.0L V6 5-speed Automatic)

MPV: Makes the Most Sense
By BRANDON CHASE on

2002 Mazda MPV ES 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my MPV nearly a year ago and have not been disappointed in any way. Whenever I see shoppers at home improvement stores trying to stuff items into SUVS that would easily fit in my MPV, I load up a ROOM of furniture just for kicks. Whenever I am able to park in grass by climbing over curbs when others can't find a parking spot, I pat myself on the back. Whenever I switch on my theater-quality 10-speaker (including subwoofer) 6-CD sound system, I dance. Whenever I crank up the AC on a hot summer day or roll down the REAR windows for the kids, I sneer at the sad offspring in the backseats of other minivans who can't roll down theirs. In short, my MPV makes me feel very good.

Favorite Features

3.0 V-6 engine, 5-star crash test rating, leather seats, premium sound, dual power sliding doors (standard for '02) six CD changer, power rear and front windows, tumble under rear seat, good looks, removable side-by-slide 2nd row seats, storage, cup holders, visibility, traction control.

Suggested Improvements

Hmm. It has impressed me as the perfect minivan. A power tailgate might be nice.