2002 Mazda MPV Consumer Review: MPV LX

2002 Mazda MPV Minivan - Consumer Review

2002 Mazda MPV Minivan

MPV LX
By mfenrn on

2002 Mazda MPV LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I traded my Camry in to buy "a van" because of my ailing father who required an electric wheel chair. It was a purely practical decision based on needs and good reviews. Little did I know how much use I was about to get from it with the upcoming hurricane season! It hauled all the plywood and related supplies needed with ease. It also accommodated the 7 foot collapsible ramps and Jet Three wheel chair for Dad, still allowing room for luggage and extra passengers. I fell in love with this car/van. It drives and rides like a car, looks nicer than any other van (my opinion), handles beautifully! My only complaint rests with the transmission, which sometimes "revs" when you accelerate.

Radio controls on steering wheel; cruise control; power windows on sliding doors as well as front doors; flexible seating configuration and fold down third seat; all the neat storage areas/places!

Plastic covers over front door lights need improvement - I have had to replace two because they fall off subsequent to piece that holds them in breaking.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review