2002 Mazda MPV Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MPV model:
Zoom, zoom, zoom
By B. Foster, Jr. on 12/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Mazda MPV Minivan ES 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Mazda has finally gotten it right. Don't get me wrong, if you want a big minivan, the MPV is not for you. But, if you want a reliable, fun-to-drive minivan with average room for a family of four+, then the MPV is for you. You can't beat the size, price, and value. Also, Zoom-zoom!!

Great for our needs
By ZoMan on 11/15/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Mazda MPV Minivan ES 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

We recently purchased a 2002 ES with leather, cd changer, tinted windows, roof rack, compass, and DVD system. We have put almost 2,500 miles on it so far, the wife and I and our 3 dogs love it.

Love This Van!!!
By Love This Van on 11/14/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Mazda MPV Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Just sold my Windstar with 42K miles. Bought an 02 Mazda after much research. I totally love this van! It's awesome! Most stylish design on the road by far. Tumble down seat and back "well" with cargo net is so handy! Beats my Windstar for keeping things controlled in the back. I sit up higher, the engine is quiet and smooth. Drives so pleasantly and is so easy to park and manuver. Much, much like a car. Dealership very willing to deal, walked out with a SWEET deal including a factory-installed DVD!Hope my feelings haven't changed in a year! Don't be afraid of this van-it's a definate winner.

Sulfur Smell!!
By SID on 11/13/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Mazda MPV Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

A nice design but Mazda has a serious problem with alot of MPVs having a TERRIBLE sulfur smell. My dealer and Mazda headquarters are not at all helpful. Buy a Honda, Toyota and you will be happier.

First time Mazda owner
By Grossman on 11/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Mazda MPV Minivan ES 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I like the handling and ride; Overall looks both interior and exterior; impressed with interior room. Power is more than adequate - gets up and goes. Does have wind noise which (I think) is attributed to luggage rack. More wind noise when sun roof open but tolerable.

30 Day Report
By glideslopes on 11/02/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Mazda MPV Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Well, I wanted to wait 30 days before posting my review. We just love our MPV. We had a Quest prior to this. The size was nice for us. We did consider going larger to the Ody, but the price of the MPV was simply a much better value for us. It is extremely well engineered, built, and uses high quality materials throughout. We did not feel there were any quality advatages to the Ody, and resale is not a huge issue to us as we keep our vans 6 years and put around 150,000 on them. We were fortunate that we found a vehicle meeting our needs on the lot. The DW and I actually attempt to out maneuver each other these days to see who takes the MPV on an event.

Zoom Zoom in this sporty mini-van
By Turp on 10/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mazda MPV Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

We never considered a mini-van before. We were headed for a mini-SUV but got side tracked on mini-vans. This van is sporty . It is well designed and with alot of bang for the buck. It rides and handles great on a suspension that is sure and sporty while quietly soaking up the bumps. The engine is very quiet has very good power and torque. The interior has ample room and is nicely flexable. With this on the market why consider a 2WD suv.

Bets minivan for small family.
By ska on 10/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mazda MPV Minivan ES 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Recently we were belssed with a daughter and I had to change my coupe to some bigger vehicle. I tried lots of SUV/minivans and at last narrowed down to Odyssey, Pilot, MDX and MPV. First we thought that we will settle for SUV (looks good from outside), but once inside, we loved the interior of minivans (Odyssey EX-L and MPV ES), space was much better used and we have lots of flexibility in seating. Anyway now it was Odyssey and MPV. Both were nice, but we decided for MPV based on: Perfect size for us. Exterior is much micer looking. Interior is comparable to Odyssey. Driving/handling was comparable to Odyssey. AND we got it $7000 cheaper than Odyssey.

Love the van
By CheapDad on 10/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mazda MPV Minivan ES 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Decided on this van after looking at a myriad of SUVs and minivans. Didn't have a boat to tow, live in the snowbelt or go offroad so an SUV wasn't necessary (plus the center consoles cut down on my legroom). Liked the compact size of the MPV, drives like a car. High enough off the road for good visibility and no need to bend over to put kids in carseats. More than enough power. Power sliding doors are a lifesaver with little children. Great price in comparison to Odyssey (many incentives and prices near invoice to boot). Go buy this van, you will love it.

converted mom
By UnJung on 09/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mazda MPV Minivan ES 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Wasn't going to consider a mini-van but after driving in a carpool last year, I needed a car w/more seating capacity. I loved my Sable wagon but didn't want to bend and move my stuff from the back. My husband wanted the GMC Envoy and so did I until I saw the MPV. My first impression was that it didn't look like an "ugly bubbly" mini-van. After the test drive, I was sold. It handled like my car and I liked the fact that my 2 kids would be in separate rows. Less fighting! Picking up 5 little kids for school, this works perfectly. I've had it a week and I'm enjoying driving a van.......I've joined the "band of motherhood!"